Weber vs Treager

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We’ve been looking for a new gas grill since the spring. Ours has rusted through the bottom and probably dangerous now. I’ve always had Weber envy but could never pull the trigger on it and always got something cheaper. I was going to get a stainless steel kitchenaid at Costco for $500 but they’ve been sold out for months. Since we are doing a bath remodel I visit all the Lowe’s frequently around town and always check the grill section for a sale. Today I came across Weber Genesis II E-335 at a tremendous discount and bought it. It’s only 3 burner and I’d prefer 4 but I couldn’t pass up this $979 Weber on clearance for $585.

0E7417F2-B67E-4ABE-A297-A5A27F6E27AD.jpeg

0C59A49B-01D9-4FBA-9F12-03CEF5EB2852.jpeg

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
We’ve been looking for a new gas grill since the spring. Ours has rusted through the bottom and probably dangerous now. I’ve always had Weber envy but could never pull the trigger on it and always got something cheaper. I was going to get a stainless steel kitchenaid at Costco for $500 but they’ve been sold out for months. Since we are doing a bath remodel I visit all the Lowe’s frequently around town and always check the grill section for a sale. Today I came across Weber Genesis II E-335 at a tremendous discount and bought it. It’s only 3 burner and I’d prefer 4 but I couldn’t pass up this $979 Weber on clearance for $585.

That’s a steal. Just curious, does anyone ever use the side burner for sauces and what not? Never saw point of getting it.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
does anyone ever use the side burner for sauces and what not? Never saw point of getting it.

I just got one in the last year. Surprised how often I’ve used it. Helps to make a side dish outside and not have to go back and forth which can matter if your cooking steaks on very high heat lump charcoal.
Here is my setup with gas on one side and charcoal on the other. I’ve barely used the gas.

2DF5E979-1784-4A39-BBE3-FA0D731A8214.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I just got one in the last year. Surprised how often I’ve used it. Helps to make a side dish outside and not have to go back and forth which can matter if your cooking steaks on very high heat lump charcoal.
Here is my setup with gas on one side and charcoal on the other. I’ve barely used the gas.

Wow that’s beautiful! Where are the leaves and bugs on your porch? (I’ve got porch envy)

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Wow that’s beautiful! Where are the leaves and bugs on your porch? (I’ve got porch envy)

Thanks CD. Tons of live oak leaves, just haven’t fallen yet and the covered roof area helps (some). Fan does a great job on bugs. It’s been a nice new addition. The other side of the yard is a matching style but larger area with a fireplace in the corner of that covered area. We use that even more often.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks CD. Tons of live oak leaves, just haven’t fallen yet and the covered roof area helps (some). Fan does a great job on bugs. It’s been a nice new addition. The other side of the yard is a matching style but larger area with a fireplace in the corner of that covered area. We use that even more often.

Sweet! Sounds like a great living space outside.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That’s a steal. Just curious, does anyone ever use the side burner for sauces and what not? Never saw point of getting it.
First of all, @CDGator , I have a Weber gas grill and as gas grills go it is excellent. I have become a BGE fan and do most of my grilling there, but still use the Weber as a back up and a warmer. It has been very reliable.

As to the side burner question, I had one on my old grill and never used it, so didn’t even think of it when I picked out the Weber. Then I went to a friends house in Nawlins for dinner and watched him use it to blacken red fish and immediately regretted my decision. If you cook a lot and ever fry something that produces a lot of smoke or grease, the grill burner is perfect. Something to consider.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Right on. Good buy. I’m going shopping.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 36696

View attachment 36697

That’s an absolute steal

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it is! I still can't believe it.
We went to the Lowe's closest to our house tonight and it's still $979 there. We got the display model but it's already assembled so, win-win.

I bought my new Weber in Jan from Lowe’s at no discount, paid for assembly/delivery and it showed up damaged twice and finally took one and assembled it myself. Weber is great but Lowe’s sucks. Rant over…but they did end up giving me like a $180 gift card for my troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator