Wednesday Worsts...Amusement park or carnival rides

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Space mountain in 1987. We went to Disney World after my brother's wedding in Lauderdale. My daughter had survived brain tumor surgery and she wanted to ride Space Mountain. She sat in my lap so I could hold her. It was fine until the drop and the lights went out. She cried and asked for it to stop and I had to hold her to keep her from getting hurt so I couldn't keep me from bouncing around. I was bruised all over I think. We got out of the car and she immediately said, "Daddy, can we do it again?"
Good Stuff

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Space mountain in 1987. We went to Disney World after my brother's wedding in Lauderdale. My daughter had survived brain tumor surgery and she wanted to ride Space Mountain. She sat in my lap so I could hold her. It was fine until the drop and the lights went out. She cried and asked for it to stop and I had to hold her to keep her from getting hurt so I couldn't keep me from bouncing around. I was bruised all over I think. We got out of the car and she immediately said, "Daddy, can we do it again?"

When I was like 4 or 5, I was just under the height requirement to ride it and had to watch my older sister and her friends arrogantly go while I sat. Waited for a change of employees, went to the bathroom and stuffed my shoes and hat with paper towels. Made it by a hair and got to ride it, mainly just to stick it to my sister.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I've got triplets. I was a single dad and on Space Mountain with my three...got all the way to the top...and my daughter freaked...the staff made her go back (my friend's wife took her down for me).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We went to the Coco Cay water park and they have a water slide called the Dueling Demon. The idea is that you race someone else down the slide. However the traumatic part is that they encapsulate you in a pod while you are standing on top of plexiglass which eventually drops out from under you. When you reach the bottom you no longer care who was first, you are just happy to be alive.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The entirety of the Magic Kingdom sucks. Space mountain is only ride that isn’t a complete joke. (Haunted house does have sentimental value)

Other than that your are waiting at least an hour in line next to some fat pasty Michiganders and their snotty 8 year old who is still being pushed in a stroller and smells of Turkey legs and sweat, just so you can get in a slow paced car/boat and watch some $hitty Robots sing $hitty songs.

And, let’s drop $100+ per ticket for the pleasure.

EABOD, Mickey. I hope Minnie dumps you and cleans your clock in alimony.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
1657734086830.png

This is the worst carnival ride. The cars just go round and round over some minor humps to loud blaring music AS FAST AS IT CAN GO. So the person sitting toward the outside gets absolutely crushed by anyone else in the car. There is no redeeming value to the experience. And once the ride slows down and the person sitting on the outside thinks their torture is done, it then goes backwards as fast as it can go, crushing that poor rider all over again.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
There is only one amusement park on the planet that matters for rides, and that is Cedar Point, period. All others are an absolute joke and waste of money compared to Cedar Point.

….

Again, Cedar Point is AWESOME, nothing comes close to comparing. If you have never gone, it is worth the trip even if it's your only destination for that trip (but Niagara Falls is only a few hours away)

I’ve been to CP in ‘86, ‘97, and ‘05. I’ve seen better. Much better.

You need to get out more. :grin:

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
crushing that poor rider all over again.

I agree Himalayan sucks. But the quoted part reminds me of Busch Gardens in Tampa and the Python. Not a bad ride for its era, but future wife and I went on a weekday once and the park was virtually empty. We ended up in line with a dad and his 8yo son ‘Forrest’. He informed us his real name was max but folks call him Forrest (I think this was when Gump came out or a few years after?).

Dad is spinning the kid up about how awesome, thrilling, and scary the ride is, so I join in. I ask him if he plans to sit on the left or right if the seat, because planning ahead is important. Why? Because it’s mostly tight right turns, so the person on the left gets squished a lot. With a big guy like his dad on the right, he might just get popped out and sent flying out of the coaster. That is if you hold on tight enough to stay onboard during the upside down part.

=====

Different day there it was a bit rainy, kept seeing them run the python empty like they were troubleshooting issues, checking brakes, etc. An hour later they started running with people, first group got stuck in the upside down bit, so they couldn’t unload them. Hung for at least 20-30min before I stopped checking and said

1657737219887.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The entirety of the Magic Kingdom sucks. Space mountain is only ride that isn’t a complete joke. (Haunted house does have sentimental value)

Other than that your are waiting at least an hour in line next to some fat pasty Michiganders and their snotty 8 year old who is still being pushed in a stroller and smells of Turkey legs and sweat, just so you can get in a slow paced car/boat and watch some $hitty Robots sing $hitty songs.

And, let’s drop $100+ per ticket for the pleasure.

EABOD, Mickey. I hope Minnie dumps you and cleans your clock in alimony.

It still holds some sentimental value for me having just come out of the toddler phase. Some rides like Peter Pan absolutely blow my mind when you see 1:45 wait. They also killed(or are killing) Splash Mountain’s theme from Song of the South because, of course, racist. We still go on occasion but it’s definitely not our favorite. The only thing I’ll take issue with is your insult of the turkey legs.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It still holds some sentimental value for me having just come out of the toddler phase. Some rides like Peter Pan absolutely blow my mind when you see 1:45 wait. They also killed(or are killing) Splash Mountain’s theme from Song of the South because, of course, racist. We still go on occasion but it’s definitely not our favorite. The only thing I’ll take issue with is your insult of the turkey legs.
But you lose points for LBGTQ+ Disney.:rainbow:

So I guess you may have won :scratchhead:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve been to CP in ‘86, ‘97, and ‘05. I’ve seen better. Much better.

You need to get out more. :grin:

Actually, his entire post was out of line. This wasn’t about our favorite theme park at all, but rather, what we see as the worst. Marching in here with tales of some outdated rides at a place in Ohio, while insulting all other locations, was a total slap in the face.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My boss claims to have gone to Disney World >35 times. He never waits in line and doesn't spend $$ on the fast pass either. He gets a note from his doctor stating that he can not stand in long lines. He goes to the front of the line for any and all rides he wants to get on and is put on the next one. Or so he claims...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My boss claims to have gone to Disney World >35 times. He never waits in line and doesn't spend $$ on the fast pass either. He gets a note from his doctor stating that he can not stand in long lines. He goes to the front of the line for any and all rides he wants to get on and is put on the next one. Or so he claims...

There is a such thing known as a DOS(?) pass that allows that. I don’t know the meaning of the acronym, but it’s something to do with a disability. Someone in my family uses it. It’s not as simple as your boss describes it. They give you a return time and it can only be used sporadically. So unless he’s riding maybe two or three rides all day, he’s waiting at some point. There’s also a Make A Wish exception that is treated similar to what you describe, and rightly so. But I’m assuming he isn’t a cancer patient.

Maybe he means a theme park in Ohio. Based on the pics of that mid-1800’s disaster, I could se them letting everyone to the front of the line.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If he’s gone to Disney more than 35 times then he’s even sicker than you describe him to be.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
There is a such thing known as a DOS(?) pass that allows that. I don’t know the meaning of the acronym, but it’s something to do with a disability. Someone in my family uses it. It’s not as simple as your boss describes it. They give you a return time and it can only be used sporadically. So unless he’s riding maybe two or three rides all day, he’s waiting at some point. There’s also a Make A Wish exception that is treated similar to what you describe, and rightly so. But I’m assuming he isn’t a cancer patient.

Maybe he means a theme park in Ohio. Based on the pics of that mid-1800’s disaster, I could se them letting everyone to the front of the line.
Not a cancer patient. He's just very fat. And no, he goes to Disney in Florida.

If he’s gone to Disney more than 35 times then he’s even sicker than you describe him to be.
You are probably very correct.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I despise anyone who abuses a disability waiver. HOWEVER, back about 8 years ago or so, my friends turned me onto the "family" jump at Busch Gardens. As long as some lackey could show he was standing with a stroller, the rest of us jumped the line. It was magical. Now that me and my 14 y.o. normally roll as a duo, I just pay the $100+/each for fast passes. Skipping the line will always be priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator