Wednesday Worsts...Amusement park or carnival rides

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Actually, his entire post was out of line. This wasn’t about our favorite theme park at all, but rather, what we see as the worst. Marching in here with tales of some outdated rides at a place in Ohio, while insulting all other locations, was a total slap in the face.
Other than the part where I said Mean Streak was my most hated/worst ride, then yeah. :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My boss claims to have gone to Disney World >35 times. He never waits in line and doesn't spend $$ on the fast pass either. He gets a note from his doctor stating that he can not stand in long lines. He goes to the front of the line for any and all rides he wants to get on and is put on the next one. Or so he claims...
This is true, at least it was 15+ years ago, but it doesn't necessarily get you to the front of the line. It did get you into the handicapped access line which is pretty much the same thing.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Worst ride? I think her name was Brenda but it’s still a bit foggy.
As long as it wasn’t ‘Brent’ you’re ok. Worst ride? :scratchchin: I’d have to say any ride in the little town-to-town carnival that is operated by a local day labor meth addict.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I know it’s a legend, and it was my first ever experience on a roller coaster so it special to me, but Space Mountain is not enjoyable. My neck and back hurt every time I’ve ridden it as an adult.

Agreed. I always found Space Mountain uncomfortable - it just slams you around in some places - and it never got better over the years.
At least twice I was in there stopped or riding when the lights were on. Interesting to be able to look around and see if your perception matched reality!

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Another one that was horribe and thank God they tore it down but Animal Kingdom had that Triceratops Whirl or whatever. Basically spinning buckets that went all over a track. Both me and my wife got off with bruises and a sore back.

I actually liked that one - it had some random elements and you never knew how you were going to end up. We had family passes when my kids were 8,10,12 (the perfect age spread to be old enough but young enough) and the youngest was just too short for this ride until our very last trip before the passes ran out. She stood up as tall as she could and just made it! Good memory.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I actually liked that one - it had some random elements and you never knew how you were going to end up. We had family passes when my kids were 8,10,12 (the perfect age spread to be old enough but young enough) and the youngest was just too short for this ride until our very last trip before the passes ran out. She stood up as tall as she could and just made it! Good memory.

True. Your gut said an orthopedist’s office, but chiropractor wasn’t out of the question.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yep those are great ages. My oldest is 9 and we switched from Disney to Universal for a little while. Old enough to do stuff and have fun, young enough to not thinks its lame.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This is posted in the thread “This shouldn’t even be possible” but maybe it belongs in this thread instead under worst carnival ride. :lol:

1658348384437.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is posted in the thread “This shouldn’t even be possible” but maybe it belongs in this thread instead under worst carnival ride. :lol:

View attachment 46158

Fortunately my mom didn’t get pregnant with me until ‘79. And my dad, lucky dog that he is, managed to avoid pregnancy all together.

Anyway, I’m guessing when the idea didn’t take off, the company sold its prototypes to fairs for what would become the Gravitron.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Other than various moms, the worst ride has to be Small World. And the ride always got stuck for five minutes in the Chinese section. Makes a person want to suck start a 12 gauge.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Other than various moms, the worst ride has to be Small World. And the ride always got stuck for five minutes in the Chinese section. Makes a person want to suck start a 12 gauge.
Small World was dead to me when they changed the music...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I know. There is no such thing as a pretty Brenda. Everyone knows they’re born fat and with bangs, so this was a terrible announcement from MJM.
OK, so it took me over a week to think of some, but here goes. Brenda Bakke, while she has not aged particularly well - I know, I know; pot calling the kettle black here - was pretty hot back in the day.

1658424147751.png

I've also always thought Brenda Koo was cute.

1658424580210.png

But hands down, former Miss Costa Rica, Brenda Castro is smokin' hot:

1658424852360.png

FTR - I find it hard to believe any of these three could have been the Brenda to which @MJMGator was referring.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
OK, so it took me over a week to think of some, but here goes. Brenda Bakke, while she has not aged particularly well - I know, I know; pot calling the kettle black here - was pretty hot back in the day.

View attachment 46189

View attachment 46190

View attachment 46191

FTR - I find it hard to believe any of these three could have been the Brenda to which @MJMGator was referring.
I'll admit it... as a kid, I had a thing for Brenda Vaccaro in Airport 77... when she tussled with drunk Lee Grant, something stirred! :lol: barasti-by-night-atmosphere.jpg

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

View attachment 46189

View attachment 46190

View attachment 46191

I’ll give you Castro, but of course, that’s a name associated with Cubans and Dominicans making me slightly biased. The top woman is ok, but I’m guessing isn’t so good looking without makeup. The middle one is just an Asian with mild Downs. I would be nice about it, given the circumstances, but hard pass nonetheless.

Also, don’t sell yourself short. I’ll bet you look fantastic.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’ll give you Castro, but of course, that’s a name associated with Cubans and Dominicans making me slightly biased. The top woman is ok, but I’m guessing isn’t so good looking without makeup. The middle one is just an Asian with mild Downs. I would be nice about it, given the circumstances, but hard pass nonetheless.

But you have to admit neither were "fat with bangs" and all three are out of @MJMGator 's league.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Stay golden, Pony Boy... you crack me up a couple 'o times per day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator