Wednesday Worsts....Pet Peeves

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
People who are having a conversation on the cell phone, in a public space, while it is on speaker mode
Equally annoying are people who talk on their cell phone so loudly that everyone within 100 yards can clearly hear every word they say, regardless of whether they are using speaker mode or not.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Why does Netflix/Prime videos have English Titles and descriptions but they DONT mention its a foreign film in a foreign language?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I think I have id’ed my #1 pet peeve and sign of a selfish kunt. Bugs me so much, I had to dig this old thread up, so I can b!tch and moan.

I DESPISE people who sit in their car right outside a busy store like Publix/Target while they wait for a person to shop.

They take up a whole lane of the parking lot, in the busiest part of the lot (right in front of store), so we all have to drive around them.

We have to take turns with oncoming traffic on who gets to drive around this self!sh pr!ck all because the shopper doesn’t want to walk to and from a normal spot.

Ultimate, I matter, no one else does moment.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Not sure if already said, but something that has been on my nerves a lot lately is people who stop multiple car links behind the person in front of them at a red light, specifically if you are blocking people from getting in a turn lane because you won't scoot up. I have to get in this one lane after picking my kid up ever day and there are at least 4-5 cars all 15 feet apart from each other keeping you from turning.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Not sure if already said, but something that has been on my nerves a lot lately is people who stop multiple car links behind the person in front of them at a red light, specifically if you are blocking people from getting in a turn lane because you won't scoot up. I have to get in this one lane after picking my kid up ever day and there are at least 4-5 cars all 15 feet apart from each other keeping you from turning.
Or, when they stop 30 car lengths behind the next car, then SLOOOOOOWLY continue to creep up on the car in front of them. So, you’re stuck doing that slow crawl with them.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Left lane Progressive Insurance award winners.

People who like to pull you away from a Conversation , and start another conversation, while you're very interested in the original conversation.

People who like to educate you on the "right" way to do something.
Example..." You know it's against the law to let your dog ride in the back of your truck while not tethered".
"You know, It's not safe to ride your Harley without a helmet"
"You know it's against the law to have that toddy in your lap, while driving your truck"
Blah..Blah...Blah.....

Several that have already been mentioned.
Open mouth eaters.
Loud phone talkers.
Short stoppers
Texters at red lights

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019

People who like to pull you away from a Conversation , and start another conversation, while you're very interested in the original conversation.

Example..." You know it's against the law to let your dog ride in the back of your truck while not tethered".
"You know it's against the law to have that toddy in your lap, while driving your truck"
Blah..Blah...Blah.....

Open mouth eaters.
Loud phone talkers.
Short stoppers
Texters at red lights
Stopping short…Hey that’s a good move!
1670626252010.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Blah..Blah...Blah.....

Open mouth eaters.
Loud phone talkers.
Short stoppers
Texters at red lights

You reminded me of one of my biggest pet peeves, people that must control the conversation so as to ensure that the topic revolves around them.
There are people out there that can kidnap any conversation and turn it back to themselves.

I had a coworker once that was so bad about this that I would warn folks ahead of time and then demonstrate by surfacing ridiculous subjects just to watch him twist it into something he wanted to talk about. Miserable individual.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Someone driving in front of you with a constant blinker going

Bright led lights on high beams coming at you

Windshield wipers squeaking against a dry window over and over and over

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Ever heard of "social distancing?" :snicker:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
People who ride down the road with their left foot on the brake pedal so their brake lights are constantly on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.