We're getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • D

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of Gators picked us to lose today. Even more said we have no chance at covering the 19.5 point spread. Those same people are STILL ****ing all over the team despite a 38 point win.

The main problem with this team is still Franks. If he can play even average football, I expect to win in Knoxville.
Didn't you give me a dislike saying we'd beat Vols and if not beat MS the following week?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree offense is struggling. D looks improved and ST was awesome. I wish we saw Trask for more than 2 seconds at the end or EJ.
Personally, I would have been happy to see more of our running backs...any of them. This is our strength. Let's exploit it.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Losing Wilson mattered; the secondary is certainly in a bit of disarray at the moment. However, saying we didn't get enough push is ridiculous - perhaps we were watching different games.
The downside was the lack of wrapping up, especially in the second half. Need to run some stadiums to get in shape.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF certainly has more talent that Vandy, MSU, Idaho, Missouri and SoCar. The question is will that talent get the coaching it needs.
Yes, but just now being developed. Our roster is full of Freshmen and Sophs development wise.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well I am a bit happier than I was a week ago. I asked for better play and a win, well we got that. I'll watch it again to see exactly how much better we were. But I love how the ST is playing. And Pierce!!! Runs for that TD then wants to get back on the KO team. Need more of that kinda player.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You can put the best coach in all of football and at some point it’s up to the player. If you inherit a terrible team of people recruited to the company by terrible bosses before you arrived and yet you can’t make them better in 6-7 months, is that on you? Who keeps their job? Getting rid of good managers and keeping bad people wont make the company better.

Not if you won't use your most powerful tool, the bench.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you look at other first year coaches that were on UFs list, how are they doing compared to Mullen? I’ll take Mullen right now. This team is showing small improvements, but this is when the schedule gets harder. I still think we have better talent than UTn. We should win on the road, but it’s probably a toss up.
I'd still take Frost.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Not if you won't use your most powerful tool, the bench.

This means you believe the bench is better? I watched them live when the twos and threes came into the game. It’s a good size drop off. The game we lost was not on Franks. He had nothing to do with giving up huge chunks of yards and what seemed like hundreds of missed tackles. I’m not a fan of Franks, but he’s not the reason for a TEAM loss.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have a feeling we’re going to overreact after every game this season. Did we improve? Probably. Was it as much as people think? Probably not. So long as we make small adjustments and build every week, we may play like an 8 win team by the end of the season. It’ll be too bad that right now we’re playing like a 4-5 win team
:Exactly:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This means you believe the bench is better? I watched them live when the twos and threes came into the game. It’s a good size drop off. The game we lost was not on Franks. He had nothing to do with giving up huge chunks of yards and what seemed like hundreds of missed tackles. I’m not a fan of Franks, but he’s not the reason for a TEAM loss.

I believe when a player does not do his job, you can bench him for a play, a series etc. Then you are not replacing the entire team with the backups who maybe are not better. Then you have a mechanism to reward players who perform and give those who don't an incentive to do better.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I believe when a player does not do his job, you can bench him for a play, a series etc. Then you are not replacing the entire team with the backups who maybe are not better. Then you have a mechanism to reward players who perform and give those who don't an incentive to do better.

Might work well on Xbox. If a coach benched a player each time they made a mistake, that team would never have consistency or continuity. Wisdom comes from making mistakes.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely not surprised. Deflated, yes. Surprised, no.

No doubt it’s depressing to see just how far we’ve fallen. I believe it was you that warned of that many years ago.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Might work well on Xbox. If a coach benched a player each time they made a mistake, that team would never have consistency or continuity. Wisdom comes from making mistakes.

Of course it does NOT work in Xbox. There are no human being there. There are some on the UF football team. Humans need motivation. If you just give them everything, they will not compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.