We're ranked! I just fainted dead away

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n286951 said:
Gotta give 'Crete credit for sticking to his guns. No matter how many games that fattie loses (and they just keep stacking up) he just doubles down. :lol2:

I think Helmet is going to be literally the only person in the country who is genuinely surprised when Beilema is fired at the end of the season. The guy SUCKS. Two and 15 now?

:bwahaha:

Arkansas fans want him run out of town on a rail.
I wrote this before the pigs played their first game this year.

GatorTAG;n272202 said:
Why the hell is Arky ranked #18? They haven't won crap for years and they'll lose at least 3 games because they play in the toughest division in football. I don't get it

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-sports-forum/272202-today-s-other-games/page2

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n286913 said:
I'M dreaming? Dude, what has Harbaugh ever won? He's never hoisted a championship trophy of any kind.

Put some of that passion into our Gators. Your drooling over Michigan and Arkansas is disturbing.

Well there was those NFC Divisional Titles and Conference Championships as well as Pac 10 Titles and Rose Bowls to go along with top 5 rankings.....At Stanford, yes Stanford, you know that nerd school out west that is kind of like Vandy is in our conference.....My passion is for the Gators, but I follow CFB in general and love when Urban gets his ass kicked now that he is not a Gator. It's coming too, wasn't he in his 4th year here when Saban landed at Bama? Funny how history repeats itself.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay so you answered my question. Harbaugh has no rings. What about the fattie at Arkansas? Where is his hardware?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And yes it's funny how history repeats itself. Meyer won two titles at UF and he already has one for OSU. Chances are he'll add another one. History repeats itself, you know.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n287012 said:
And yes it's funny how history repeats itself. Meyer won two titles at UF and he already has one for OSU. Chances are he'll add another one. History repeats itself, you know.

He's done...both MSU and UM are better by the end of the year.....BTW I've never seen a Gator get so butthurt over a stinkin' Buckeye....

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How sweet is it though to be ranked by beating the Vols but also having a coach that went for it on 5 fourth downs? The definition of playing to win instead of not to lose right there

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n286920 said:
:facepalm:

Terrible. The "we blow chunks but I hope I'm wrong!" stance is maddening.
It's like everyone forgets Tennessee had to pull off a couple of flukish trick plays to score early not to mention we got screwed out of a fumble earlier too. They needed some luck to be in that ball game aswell.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n287017 said:
He's done...both MSU and UM are better by the end of the year.....BTW I've never seen a Gator get so butthurt over a stinkin' Buckeye....

I have never seen a Gator nutswing from a Razorback and Wolverine either.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
t-gator;n287023 said:
It's like everyone forgets Tennessee had to pull off a couple of flukish trick plays to score early not to mention we got screwed out of a fumble earlier too. They needed some luck to be in that ball game aswell.

Not to mention them holding for the trick touchdown and a dozen other times....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's a good point Dan, now I know holding goes on a lot but there were some really egregious ones and dang near every time Dobbs ran for a big gain it was the result of a ridiculous obvious and uncalled hold. I counted 3 that occurred directly in front of the official. Not once did we get a flag. Between those, the "non-fumbles" and the refusal to review obvious turnovers (unless it was to take 6 points away from us) I found the officials to be extremely poor and potentially suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
So true, the officiating was horrendous. That game was amazing and the Swamp was soooo loud. But regardless of that, these Gators found a way to win.

Which brings me to my point...

It was a great atmosphere and yet I found that I was constantly fighting my inner demons of not trusting that good things would happen to us. See, in the past bad things happened to us when you didn't expect it or could even imagine such a thing could happen...it just happened.

Like our first game being cancelled for lightning last year, we could all see a storm rolling in from the East. The forecast was rain, and a lot of it. I had this premonition that the game would get called for lightning right when UT took their 13 point lead.

But it didn't.

So when UF pulled w/in 6 and had all the momentum, I thought the game would get called for lightning.

But it didn't.

And then when our final drive stalled and we faced 4th and 13, I thought for sure we would not convert, that we would come up just short.

But it didn't.

Even our PAT was nerve wracking. I thought the kick would get blocked.

But it didn't.

The final drive by UT, all the ups and downs of seeing two attempts at a game winning field goal, all the hope, all the possible disappointment. I thought for sure the game would swing back to UT.

But it didn't.

And so the take away is perhaps we are completely different. A new head coach, a new quarterback, a new sense of optimism, a new day!

And it is great.

to be.

A Florida Gator.

:chomp:

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
oxrageous;n286920 said:
:facepalm:

Terrible. The "we blow chunks but I hope I'm wrong!" stance is maddening.

We don't blow chunks but I haven't seen a great team, yet. But we could get better.

There is a possibility that we go 2-2 over the next 4 games, and if one of those wins is GA (and Bama beats GA)we are in the driver's seat for the SEC East. That would be an amazing accomplishment this year. I don't think this is a likely scenario, but its also not out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.