What do you expect from the first game?

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ok, let's face it, we are playing a team that has no chance. So I ask, what do you expect?

I'll give mine. The first off. Play of the game, I expect a shot deep. After that I expect us to run like crazy till they stop it. A pass mixed in here and there, but, imo, Mullen will get confidence established and play to our strengths. Use the run till they put 8 in the box then dump a pass over their heads...

By the second series of the 2nd half, Trask will come in to run the same type of O.

Thoughts?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
some fumbles and ugly looking first game in a new system stuff

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, let's face it, we are playing a team that has no chance. So I ask, what do you expect?

I'll give mine. The first off. Play of the game, I expect a shot deep. After that I expect us to run like crazy till they stop it. A pass mixed in here and there, but, imo, Mullen will get confidence established and play to our strengths. Use the run till they put 8 in the box then dump a pass over their heads...

By the second series of the 2nd half, Trask will come in to run the same type of O.

Thoughts?

You can never 100% count a team out. Does this team run that offense that negates any talent advantage on defense?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just to see some improvement. Especially some enjoyment and watching a product that is not miserable to witness.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Just not seeing the bumbling idiot crying on the sidelines and selling popcorn will be a huge improvement.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t merge this into the game thread out of respect for 5K, my favorite poster.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Not sure where to post this but here seems ok...
My expectations for the season are...
9-3 is a good season
8-4 is disappointingly average
Anything less and I'm going back to not caring anymore.

What I want to see...
*A fun product to watch
*Improvement as the season goes on not getting worse and worse
*plays that I can't predict before the game has even started ie run on 2nd & 10 or play action on 3rd and long
*aggressive defensive play
*aggressive special teams
*aggressive offensive line
*blowout teams we should to get backups playing time and be competitive in games we are over matched in
*not quitting after 1 or 2 quarters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a stretch to say it's the most important opener and opening month in years. We need a fast start to get the players and fans fully on board. This season is all about forward momentum.

I think I've said it now 268 times, but I will say it once more. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
A relaxed and disciplined team that knows how to execute. Confident and poised in all three aspects of the game. At least 40 points. I also expect to see many different players getting reps.

Go Gators!!!!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I expect that we'll throw the ball more this game than any other game this year. It'll probably be 50/50 run/pass in this game, but the season as a whole will be 60/40, maybe even 65/35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator