What is the reason for Mullen's perceived cap?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When the bar to being better as a CEO is Butters, it doesn't take much.
Not gonna give up that Chimp love.

Both fvkking sucked. Both were 4 win coaches. You are what your record says you are.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters is so bad he makes this guy look good by comparison:
Foley_Jeremy_hi_res.jpg

:
That mother fvkker interviewed Butters and thought he would be a great hire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not gonna give up that Chimp love.

Both fvkking sucked. Both were 4 win coaches. You are what your record says you are.

Both did suck, and I'm not giving him love. Saying they both sucked, both sucked for different reasons. The reason we were saddled with them is the suckatude above them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At least he made changes to his staff, that is being a CEO...
Made changes.

The f kking change he should have made was to keep his stupid dwag azz onnthe defensive side of the ball and leave the offense to people with brains.

All of his OCs were better than they showed at UF and would have been fine if that fvkking missing link wall puncher just stayed in his fvkking room.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You wonder the kind of conversations Foley has at Publix or filling up with gas. Probably wishes he had moved to Montana.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Made changes.

The f kking change he should have made was to keep his stupid dwag azz onnthe defensive side of the ball and leave the offense to people with brains.

All of his OCs were better than they showed at UF and would have been fine if that fvkking missing link wall puncher just stayed in his fvkking room.

He should have been away from the hiring as well, what OC did he hire that as good. But they were better than Nuss, who should have been fired after year one.

List of OC's since 2008
Addazio
Weis
Pease - a hire the Heftly lefty made fun of
Roper
Nuss

That's a lot of what the fck, when it comes to Florida Football.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He should have been away from the hiring as well, what OC did he hire that as good. But they were better than Nuss, who should have been fired after year one.

List of OC's since 2008
Addazio
Weis
Pease - a hire the Heftly lefty made fun of
Roper
Nuss

That's a lot of what the fck, when it comes to Florida Football.
The rest of my day has to be better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You wonder the kind of conversations Foley has at Publix or filling up with gas. Probably wishes he had moved to Montana.
Im sure there are plenty who still think he is the GOAT, that the SEC, Big 12, CUSA and Sunbelt were stupid for not hiring as commish, and that his hires were great and just had bad luck w injuries or suspensions. Have you been to Swamp Ass ever?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im sure there are plenty who still think he is the GOAT, that the SEC, Big 12, CUSA and Sunbelt were stupid for not hiring as commish, and that his hires were great and just had bad luck w injuries or suspensions. Have you been to Swamp Ass ever?
Jbyrd

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't bet on it....
If youre trying to make the point that Chimp, if we had jist fired him and left the staff to run as interim had a better staff, I guess I can see that.

Butters staff was trash from day one, FAU FIU trash, Nussdrunk and Nord, the DC that Mullinz didnt want anymore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he isn't the only one. Even they think he's an ******* but there's probably 50-50 over there that still think Fooley is the goat and Chimp and Butters were great hires. Bammer and everyone else are cheating by building new facilities which should be considered an illegal inducement. We are winning the low debt game for the next great recession. All that. There are many.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If youre trying to make the point that Chimp, if we had jist fired him and left the staff to run as interim had a better staff, I guess I can see that.

Butters staff was trash from day one, FAU FIU trash, Nussdrunk and Nord, the DC that Mullinz didnt want anymore.

That is the point Donkey.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
List of OC's since 2008
Addazio
Weis
Pease
Roper
Nuss
Everyone of those azzholes except maybe Weis is a bottom 10 candidate, and Front Butt is sometimes a bottom 10 guy depending on what his insulin and glucose levels are that year.

How the holey hell did this happen at University of Fvkking Fun and Gun Florida??????!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Everyone of those azzholes except maybe Weis is a bottom 10 candidate, and Front Butt is sometimes a bottom 10 guy depending on what his insulin and glucose levels are that year.

How the holey hell did this happen at University of Fvkking Fun and Gun Florida??????!!!!!!

Tough to coach and recruit a championship offense when the fat bastard couldn’t get up off the cooler.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doug loves himself some Chimp.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think what everyone is arguing over is some revisionist history. People plainly said that Mullen did not have the scheme to win more with less, and they documented it with his record in such games. So that means he needs better players. Well, he doesn't have a good track record of recruiting. So you arrive at the 9-10 game Richt comparisons. No one said he was a bad coach. He gets a lot out of his guys, but he has a limited scheme and less talent in a lot of situations. So our best bet for him to push his ceiling up is through recruiting.

I will say that it appears that he is able to get better QB talent than what he had at MSU. If these QB's pan out, it gives him some (not a lot) of leeway in other areas. However, he needs top 7 classes with QB's that pan out, if he expects to compete. That also means occasionally hitting the top 3 and preferably hitting the top 5 most years. He's also going to need to stay strong on defense.

So I'm not going to say he's capped, other than to say that his recruiting will cap him. So look at his record there and make what you will of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator