What type of offense do you want (expect)?

What type of offense do you want in the future

• Run, Run, Run (built for run, nothing else)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Really this question is about philosophy. What do you believe to be the most effective offensive philosophy for winning football? I've never believed that "balance" as in 50-50 run pass was as important as the THREAT of balance. That was what the 96 title team and 06 title teams were: teams that were could exploit what ever deficiency your D had. SOS was always a GREAT pass O teamed with a good running game. That created the threat. His ratio's were always 55-45 run to pass, which seems pass happy because the "balance " big ten teams have that ratio reversed. Champs handcuffs was that he could never win a shoot out. The d has to play great for "balance" to actually work

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've completely destroyed the brand and the program with this boring azz football. Hell, even the fanatics think run run run punt should be a goal.

I'm disgusted.

Totally fvkking disgusted. With the AD, with the program, and with you.

moonstruck_snap_out_of_it.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm interested in what mac did at Colorado state. 4,000 passer and had a1500 yard rusher. I'm with law, we got to get back to Spurrier days. I'm confident that mac does too, he's just got to find a qb.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm interested in what mac did at Colorado state. 4,000 passer and had a1500 yard rusher. I'm with law, we got to get back to Spurrier days. I'm confident that mac does too, he's just got to find a qb.
I think Mac does also. I wasn't impressed with what he ran at Bammer, too many close games with that stuff and if you don't have five stars three deep every position, then you find yourself up by 6 against Furman praying that no CB or safety slips.

SEC defenses sucks against the pass, even ours and Bammers. It's there, but every team is either stuck in the 50s or running Hal Mumme ball throwing 2-3 yard passes.

I think Mac does and hopefully the offense we saw vs. Ole Siss is the goal.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's only one logical choice here, a balanced attack. Even Spurrier ran a balanced attack, you just weren't sure if the post pattern was coming on first or third down. We wouldn't even feel the need to vent like this if we had a quarterback who could execute Mac's playbook or an offensive line that could help make it happen. Give it some time.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Power running? … nah, Georgia Southern never beats anybody.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Throw, catch, 1st down... Run, juke, TD... block well, tackle hard... represent with pride

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
An offense that's a crime against the State -- Florida State.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Purpose of the poll was to get a feel for how everyone feels in as simple terms as possible. How we achieve that is a different story. At this point the poll is going 2/3rds for pass before run which is a good thing because that is the direction we are going.
Like many have pointed out you want a balanced attack that can do both but you have to decide what your bread & butter is going to be. Plus it's just more fun to sling it down the field or, more importantly, know that we can score almost at will on any play.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The kind that wins. I like running and passing and I think an offense should be able to do both well. That way we scheme for the opponent and have all tools available depending on who we're playing.

this x 1000

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The kind that wins. I like running and passing and I think an offense should be able to do both well. That way we scheme for the opponent and have all tools available depending on who we're playing.

this x 1000

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The kind that leaves defensive linemen sucking wind with their hands on their hips, linebackers slumped over and safety's pointing fingers at each other.....

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I would "like" to see the kind of passing game SOS and DW brought, where even if we told the defense what play was being called they couldn't defend it based on timing and location with our passing attack. I love the idea that a defense can't defend even if they know the play. Unstoppable.

However, given our questions at QB and WR still, and the stable of solid RBs I see already, I'm "expecting" a lot of run, run, and some more run. Use all of the RBs to pound the crap our of the defense, make the defense weary and have them suck up to the line to stop yet another run. And THEN use judicious timing of a few pass plays to break their back. Pass not because we have to at 3rd and long, but because we choose to on 3rd and short with WRs/TEs excited to get a play called their way and a defense that is cringing at having to make another tackle against a deep line of fresh RBs.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So after the NC game it seems the forward pass isn't dead, even at Alabama.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One that consistently puts the ball in the end zone. Couldn't care less about what type of formations, shifts, under center, gun etc
as long as we score.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How about an offense that breaks 40 every now and then? I think we only scored 40+ once and that against new mexico state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator