What would Butters' recruiting class look like today?

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Dan Mullen has been fire this week. Way more than I expected this year.

It makes me wonder what 3* grad transfer WR from Tulane Mac would be drooling over.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sorry, don’t really care. I’m enjoying the early momentum that DM is building. Mac is in the rear view mirror.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It would be falling apart by the seams. We still have a losing record and no amount of aw shucks geez is going to hide the fact he’s an awful coach. I think any good will he still had is gone from the trail

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would be locked in with Corral and all you nutswingers would still be on board. Wait till Corral gets here was the regular tag line.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It would be locked in with Corral and all you nutswingers would still be on board. Wait till Corral gets here was the regular tag line.

And that would be a bad thing? Trying to figure out where you’re going with this...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We'd be stuck with a horrible coach but the Pumpers would be excited.

Jus poking fun, bruh. I knew what you were saying.

Honestly, I wondered if Corral (and the studs he would’ve brought with him) was good enough to overcome the nuss effect. Doesn’t matter now because we’ve moved on with a new coach. We’ll see if DM has the right stuff, but at least for now he’s off to a good start.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We would quite possibly have a pretty good group of players who would have wasted at least a year of their lives in football hell.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Somewhere in the 70's would be my guess after all the "legit commits" jumped ship. Thank God Strickland is here instead of Foley because we would of found out :lol:

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
We had a pretty strong class being built with Mac. The 2019 class would have fallen apart though. He would have kept Nuss and we probably miss a bowl again in 2018. Recruits see he stinks, Gators stink, everyone leaves the class and Mac gets fired around midseason.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I will never again mention the name of the two coaches who are named in the post immediately above. On those rare occasions when I have a nightmare, I try to forget it as quickly as possible. As I get older that becomes easier. What's the name of this board again?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those guys were never going to stick once it was impossible to ignore the fact that Butters' offense was a shytshow. Chase was rumored to be leaving the day he committed. Copeland was always soft. So was Thornton and Schwartz never committed in the first place.

I love you bro, but Mr 4-8 was thoroughly exposed. I'm sure Matty stayed but not much else.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Those guys were never going to stick was in was impossible to ignore the fact that Butters' offense was a shytshow. Chase was rumored to be leaving the day he committed. Copeland was always soft. So was Thornton and Schwartz never committed in the first place.

I love you bro, but Mr 4-8 was thoroughly exposed. I'm sure Matty stayed but not much else.

Nuss would have been fired, maybe UF would have limped to 6-6. UF would have a new OC and at least some of these guys including Corral would have stuck. So it probably would have been a similar class, but with different guys. For example apparently Mullen viewed his 3 star OL from PA as better than McElwain's 3 star OL from IMG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator