What would Butters' recruiting class look like today?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I'd put it at 50/50 Corrall would have stayed if Mac did.

If Corrall left, no way Mack pulls EJ. We'd be stuck with the Franks McNuss show again.

Grimes wouldn't transfer here either.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016

It is hard to speculate who would have stuck with the shot show we put on this year.

In the op I was more considering if Mac walked into what Mullen did we would be The sow. Would he pull grimes, no way in hell. Jefferson no. EJ lol he’ll no.

I pray this is a sign of recruiting to come and the past three classes, though Davis and lemons look like studs, are distant memories.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter if we signed the #1 class. It would not have been enough to overcome Mac and Pussmeier and we would have massive transfer after a year or two.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was on target to be about a # 12 Rivals class but there were some possible headaches in there from what people were saying. If Mac took over from someone else like Mullen did he probably would have got a class around # 20. I think Mullen gets about a # 12 Rivals class when its finished.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those guys were never going to stick once it was impossible to ignore the fact that Butters' offense was a shytshow. Chase was rumored to be leaving the day he committed. Copeland was always soft. So was Thornton and Schwartz never committed in the first place.

I love you bro, but Mr 4-8 was thoroughly exposed. I'm sure Matty stayed but not much else.
I'm not sure Matt stays either...rumors were starting to come out he was wanting to look around even before butters got axed... but was still running into issues finding takers

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It’s clearly obvious Mac went after kids with questionable characters because they were easy to go after

I wish nothing but misery for that piece of trash for the rest of his life

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Nuss would have been fired, maybe UF would have limped to 6-6.

According to the rumors that during the bye week Mac was asked to fire Nuss and the S&C and told the Admin to F Off, I doubt Nuss would have been fired. Plus, until Mac’s termination all the local guys were providing cover fire for Nuss and saying he needed to stay another year because Callaway’s 60 yds/gm for the majority of 2016 couldn’t be replaced. The Crucial Bowl even pushed it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is like projecting a root canal or an IRS audit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Zero chance we keep all those guys if McElwain is retained. Once we went 0-fer in October, a losing season was inevitable. Case was gone. Copeland has shown with recent actions that his affinity to UF has completely disappeared, and if I recall correctly, he was already taking visits to Alabama, and would've undoubtedly considered the vols because of his connection to Pruittt. He was gone. Shwartz was our annual "when not if" guy, despite him never really giving any indication his committing was a foregone conclusion. I'll say Thornton may have stuck, though 247 had Miami in the picture the whole time and considered it nearly 50-50.

But yeah, we probably keep Corrall, the kid that despite a world of talent, had a choice of either the losing season south-trending Gators, or a team on probation with a glorified interim head coach. Yay.

Instead we get a comparable QB, 2 WRs transfers that are better than what we had, and you're insisting on painting that in a negative light. Makes a ton of sense.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Someone better hurry up and inform Jefferson and Grimes that we're not throwing anymore passes. Seriously man, we get it, you think Mullen run's the ball 98% of the time and has zero use for a wide out except to block. But do you have to remind us of it in every damn thread?

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
"Recruiting? Well, I don't really know. But hey, isn't it just a great day to be logged onto this message board? I mean just look at these comments. It's something special."

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
"Recruiting? Well, I don't really know. But hey, isn't it just a great day to be logged onto this message board? I mean just look at these comments. It's something special."

Almost a dislike....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Almost a dislike....

“A lot of angry people. And in this thread, we're the ones you make the dislike threats to, and hey, that's the way it is.

It is what it is. But it’s when it's directed toward your own fellow fans, when it's directed toward posters, PMs, ignore lists, that kind of thing. At the same time, they know what they signed up for as well. That's part of being on a message board.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.