What's the latest on D'Anfre McGriff

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's the latest on him? He is big, powerful, and very fast for his size. I was really looking forward to him coming in and was disappointed when he didn't get cleared. I heard a couple of rumors that he was going to be ready by Jan, but haven't heard anything lately, which leads me to believe that's not good news...

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last I saw someone asked Spivey on the 8th and it was just "he's not enrolled".

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like an RB/TE hybrid to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The search-question, of course, is what exactly is his UF entrance status ?
He went to a prep school to get his grades acceptable, a path that was to
take 3 months. So, if he's college material, he should have qualified to be
able to enroll in January. I find no mention of his today-status; it's like he's
dropped off of any CFB consideration.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chump, and academics would be my guess.

Well, he was originally committed to Auburn and he didn't switch back to Auburn after chump went there. Now if it's for academics, he may look at a division II or FCS school.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he was originally committed to Auburn and he didn't switch back to Auburn after chump went there. Now if it's for academics, he may look at a division II or FCS school.

"Academic admissions fail" was the entire rerouting reason. Rather than be sidetracked for
2-years going the Jr-college route, McGriff chose the Prep-school route which is designed to
get subject qualifications up and GPA up and usually takes only 3-months to complete.
Since a student's academic-info is subject to privacy policies, we can assume McGriff
either hasn't quite finished or has flopped, thus having no news for us yet.?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'll go with flop. It doesn't take much effort to qualify academically. Move on from him.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
On the GatorCountry podcast the other day Spivey said Mcgriff wouldn't be on the field next year, Period! He didn't go into it any further than that so I'm guessing his grades are still sh*t.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he needs a full 2 years of JUCO before he can hack it at a larger college. I think he was sold on Mac's system and the Bama RB history (Ingram, Richardson and Lacy) that were similar size to himself. If he can get through JUCO, maybe he'll still be interested in the good guys.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Maybe he needs a full 2 years of JUCO before he can hack it at a larger college. I think he was sold on Mac's system and the Bama RB history (Ingram, Richardson and Lacy) that were similar size to himself. If he can get through JUCO, maybe he'll still be interested in the good guys.
He still wants to play for UF he's just got to get his sh*t together in the classroom.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be playing in NC, they have that cheating fake class, easy grades **** down to a science.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He isnt in college at all. He is in a prep school.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps his grades will not be known 'til Christmas break ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.