When was the first time you noticed Driskeling?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator;n79217 said:
The only game where I was truly impressed by Driskel's play was the 2012 fsu beat down. He looked phenomenal in that game. Other than that game, he's mostly been a spastic mess in cleats.

And in that game he was 15/23 for 147 yards and 1 TD. Hardly phenomenal but one of his better games.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n78557 said:
I think the Bama game in 2011. He was Driskeling when he came in that game and has ever since - even in our wins.
Exactly

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Screen-Shot-2013-09-10-at-1.30.47-PM.png

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n79206 said:
For the record, I am not into beating up on JD. He is not the one making $12MM. I cant tell you how good he really is. If Spurrier or any other SEC coach had to play him, he would be much better. But with 3 OC's and a head coach who doesn't seem to know anything about offense, who know what he was truly capable of. I hope he does well with baseball.

I agree. Perhaps with some consistent coaching he may have been better. But it SOS was his coach and he did not improve, he would be getting splinters on the bench. I can tell some differences with Roper coaching him but JD's problem in mental IMO. He cannot cut it and makes terrible decisions. For every one decent play he makes is followed up somewhere down the line with 1-2 bad plays or decisions.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I was too unimaginative to come up with Driskeling but I recognized the trait when I saw that he was too dumb to throw the ball away rather that lose 10 yards by running out of bounds -- repeatedly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Late in 2012. I hoped at the time he had just hit a wall.......I maintained that hope until the Bama game this year.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n79354 said:
I was too unimaginative to come up with Driskeling but I recognized the trait when I saw that he was too dumb to throw the ball away rather that lose 10 yards by running out of bounds -- repeatedly.

Sigghhhh...over and over again. Just as frustrating as throwing into double coverage over and over. Staring down his WR over and over....hell wasn't he staring down his WR when he got hurt last year on that pick 6 against UT? SMH How does UT not have a 2 year winning streak against us is beyond me. They must hate JD even more than us because he was the reason (whether it was injury or bad QB play) that our backup came in and won the game for us. Every game I'm Driskelin'!

P

Photogator

Founding Member
Founding Member
A man walks into a bar with a wiener dog, both dressed in matching Tebow jerseys. The bartender says "you can't bring your dog into the bar". The man replies that they are both huge Gator fans and never miss a game, but that their cable is out. The bartender agrees to let them stay and watch the game as long as the dog behaves. The gators get the ball first and drive down to the 2 yard line before having to kick a field goal. The dog jumps onto the bar and does a Tebow pose and then runs the length of the bar giving people high fives. The bartender tell the man that was the most amazing thing he has ever seen and then asks what the dog does when they score a touchdown. The man replies " I don't know, I have only had him for 4 years ".

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That very play at the Ga game. My seats were right there and was I yelling "don't throw it", but of course he did. I turned to my girlfriend and said we are doomed with him, and the rest is history.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Gator87;n78711 said:
Here's a stat that says it all - His passing yardage per game average is 125.96.

and before anyone says that he runs the ball a lot, try this on for size 26.12 yards per game.

His entire career has been one big Driskel.

That is utterly pathetic for a starting SEC QB.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n78557 said:
I think the Bama game in 2011. He was Driskeling when he came in that game and has ever since - even in our wins.

This was the start. At first I gave it a pass thinking because he was a freshman thrown in to the fire that he would improve and live up to the Gatorade Player of the Year, 5 star rating etc. But as time went by, game after game, the same mental mistakes, the same stupid mistakes (running out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing it away), locking on to the receiver, bad passing with no touch, always a fastball, it came to me. That is why I coined the term driskeling. Other QB's progress but JD, everyday he's driskeling like Law's picture LOL.

You can't blame it on multiple OC's. Granted he might have to learn new terminology, schemes, but I'm sure each one of those OC's would tell him to stop locking on to the receiver, throw the ball AWAY rather than take a sack, run out of bounds for a loss, or throw in to double coverage. Then on top of that they reduce the game calling to try and help his abilities and half the time he makes the wrong decision on the option read.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n79736 said:
This was the start. At first I gave it a pass thinking because he was a freshman thrown in to the fire that he would improve and live up to the Gatorade Player of the Year, 5 star rating etc. But as time went by, game after game, the same mental mistakes, the same stupid mistakes (running out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing it away), locking on to the receiver, bad passing with no touch, always a fastball, it came to me. That is why I coined the term driskeling. Other QB's progress but JD, everyday he's driskeling like Law's picture LOL.

You can't blame it on multiple OC's. Granted he might have to learn new terminology, schemes, but I'm sure each one of those OC's would tell him to stop locking on to the receiver, throw the ball AWAY rather than take a sack, run out of bounds for a loss, or throw in to double coverage. Then on top of that they reduce the game calling to try and help his abilities and half the time he makes the wrong decision on the option read.

I agree Driskel is the one player we have that I don't think the lack of development can be pinned on the OCs we have had. I guess that was the gamble taking him due to his physical traits basically with nothing to show if his passing would be good except for arm strength really.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n79903 said:
I agree Driskel is the one player we have that I don't think the lack of development can be pinned on the OCs we have had. I guess that was the gamble taking him due to his physical traits basically with nothing to show if his passing would be good except for arm strength really.

Having 3 different OCs doesn't give you an excuse to throw into double and triple coverage consistently. That is probably the one thing he does consistently really. Man, if the fans are this frustrated there is no way the coaches can't be frustrated with him. I refuse to believe the coaches can't see this. Maybe Treon's sexual assault case was a blessing after all because it showed the coaches once and for all that JD can't be trusted with the football in his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.