When was the last time The Gators...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Please remind me how the east is so bad a week or two after they decimated the west. Hell even Vandy won against the west.

Bama is just better than everyone.
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/how-bad-is-the-sec-east-let-us-count-the-ways-and-losses-to-the-west

https://gridironnow.com/sec-football-west-division-dominant-east-division/

https://www.sportstalkflorida.com/college/sec/sec-east-fallen/

Some late season wins do not wipe away years of futility. Bama goes for an EIGHTH straight West SEC title winner.

The SEC LEAST flat out sucks. After saturday all eight teams will have 4 losses or more. It's a wasteland. It's pathetic.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I think it says as much or more about Alabama than anything else. The East isn't very good, and neither are we. But if the Tide were playing A&M, Ark, Om, Msu or Auburn this week, it would probably be pretty similar, especially down so many starters. Lsu is the only team that gave them any real contest all season. The disparity between East and West is certainly there, but it's not as extreme as some think. Right now it's Alabama then everyone else fighting for distant 2nd, 3rd, etc. Just reality.
Yep. The SEC has exactly one team with double digit wins after a 12 game regular season. The conference is as bad as it's ever been right now and if it wasn't for Bama, we'd be on par with the Big 12 right now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/how-bad-is-the-sec-east-let-us-count-the-ways-and-losses-to-the-west

https://gridironnow.com/sec-football-west-division-dominant-east-division/

https://www.sportstalkflorida.com/college/sec/sec-east-fallen/

Some late season wins do not wipe away years of futility. Bama goes for an EIGHTH straight West SEC title winner.

The SEC LEAST flat out sucks. After saturday all eight teams will have 4 losses or more. It's a wasteland. It's pathetic.
I agree with you for the most part, but the West sucks almost as bad as the East this year...except for Bama, of course.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bama's had a week to get full of itself. We've had the opposite. Hence how football rolls. This game is gonna be a lot closer than people think. A lot.

Law, you can dislike me now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bama's had a week to get full of itself. We've had the opposite. Hence how football rolls. This game is gonna be a lot closer than people think. A lot.

I'm starting to think you're warming up to Mac. :scratchhead:

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016

If we score a offensive TD I'll wet my pants...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We can hope Saban has mercy and doesn't want to take a chance of injurying his first, second, or third stringers.
No Saban wants Mac to remain the smartest idiot in the East so he'll keep the score within about 25-28 points......Thereby ensuring a few more SECCG wins over the next few years.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
No Saban wants Mac to remain the smartest idiot in the East so he'll keep the score within about 25-28 points......Thereby ensuring a few more SECCG wins over the next few years.
Saban wants back into the NFL with NFL money....he just doesn't want to inherent a team like the Browns or Jags and be right back and n the same spot he was in with the Dolphins.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to think you're warming up to Mac. :scratchhead:

Nope, I've pretty much fallen off the train until he shows me otherwise, but I do know these are kids and the Bama kids have been hearing all week how great they are and how bad a beating they're going to put on Florida. It's a game of emotion. I expect Florida to come out a lot more geeked than Bama and on the strength of its defense hang with the Tide for a half, maybe three quarters. Bama's depth will inevitably prevail but I don't think it'll play out quite the way some do.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, I've pretty much fallen off the train until he shows me otherwise, but I do know these are kids and the Bama kids have been hearing all week how great they are and how bad a beating they're going to put on Florida. It's a game of emotion. I expect Florida to come out a lot more geeked than Bama and on the strength of its defense hang with the Tide for a half, maybe three quarters. Bama's depth will inevitably prevail but I don't think it'll play out quite the way some do.
78.....we've got 36 players. 36. We'll be lucky to have enough players to field a team by the 4th quarter.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Please remind me how the east is so bad a week or two after they decimated the west. Hell even Vandy won against the west.

Bama is just better than everyone.

Bama is better than everyone period, that is correct. But it is just not the EAST that is horrendous, but in general the entire conference is down and there is one simple answer: COACHING!!!. As an old man I never thought I would say the Big Ten was the best conference in college football in this day, but it is simply b/c they have a handful of very good coaches. The SEC has one GREAT coach, at least 10 horrendous coaches and 2 or 3 that are debateable. The Big 10 has 6 very good to good coaches IMO (Harbaugh, Dantonio, Meyer, Franklin, Ferentz, Fitzgerald). That is half the conference. some would say that Riley aat Neb. is good and the guiy at Minn. is okay. the Indiana guy had them improved until he was forced out the other day. The problem with the SEC right now is that it is littered with a dozen Horrendous Pop Warner coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator