White-hot Gators wipe the floor with Kentucky

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Kentucky tomorrow at noon on CBS in the O'Dome. We will need to be on fire offensively and defensively because we will only have 2.5 big men...literally only 2.5 players over 6'6". This game will be a struggle down low so we better not foul or maybe play zone. Play like everything is on the line and lay it all out on the court

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Vs freaking UK if our 6'8" C Hayes and 6'7" PF Stone get in foul trouble we will have 6'5" Egor playing C if Gak can't play more then 5 min lol....wow this could get dicey lol

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Vs freaking UK if our 6'8" C Hayes and 6'7" PF Stone get in foul trouble we will have 6'5" Egor playing C if Gak can't play more then 5 min lol....wow this could get dicey lol

Let’s go Golden State on em and run!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Need Hudson and Allen to be on fire, Egor usual steady self, Hayes smart on D, Cheese at his best, run, run, run...........**** Kinsucky

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Any news on Bassett? I know he was in concussion protocol.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully KY can't hit the side of the barn again like the first game. That is the only good team we played I remember us beating when we weren't hitting our shots either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand you guys misconseption that you're supposed to play zone just because a teams. Idk how many times I've heard you guys say that.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They think they know but they have no idea. We are ALL coaches who think we know best!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand you guys misconseption that you're supposed to play zone just because a teams. Idk how many times I've heard you guys say that.

Zone actually puts you at a disadvantage on the boards. We need to stay man or give multiple looks IMO

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I will explain.

We are playing Kentucky who will go inside and drive and try to score 80 pts in the paint if we let them. We have 1 small C, 1 small PF, 1 broken big C, and the smallest C in the nation at our disposal today. It's UK...fouls will be called early and often

1. Zone slows the other team down
2. Zone limits driving
3. Zone limits feeding the post
4. Zone limits fouling by our team
5. Zone makes the other team shoot jumpers more (UK has gotten better but still not good shooting)
6. Zone forces communication-Duke has used zone for this reason and K said it has worked wonders making them talk to each other (White keeps complaining about this)
7. You don't need it all game just at times
8. Zone will rest our legs (Which White has complained about)
9. Zone is the best tool to defend the post when out matched like we could be today
10. It's about not doing the same thing and losing the same way for the 12 time lol...its worth a shot for a 4 min segment here and there vs teams like UK

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Zone actually puts you at a disadvantage on the boards. We need to stay man or give multiple looks IMO
That disadvantage is there regardless imo...its best to try and board out of a zone vs UK then let them go down low at will if Egor is at the 5...if we can stay out of foul trouble then man is fine....but again it's UK lol

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That disadvantage is there regardless imo...its best to try and board out of a zone vs UK then let them go down low at will if Egor is at the 5...if we can stay out of foul trouble then man is fine....but again it's UK lol

I’m don’t expect to see Egor at the 5 tbh. Stone, Gak and Hayes will need to play major minutes today.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I will explain.

We are playing Kentucky who will go inside and drive and try to score 80 pts in the paint if we let them. We have 1 small C, 1 small PF, 1 broken big C, and the smallest C in the nation at our disposal today. It's UK...fouls will be called early and often

1. Zone slows the other team down
2. Zone limits driving
3. Zone limits feeding the post
4. Zone limits fouling by our team
5. Zone makes the other team shoot jumpers more (UK has gotten better but still not good shooting)
6. Zone forces communication-Duke has used zone for this reason and K said it has worked wonders making them talk to each other (White keeps complaining about this)
7. You don't need it all game just at times
8. Zone will rest our legs (Which White has complained about)
9. Zone is the best tool to defend the post when out matched like we could be today
10. It's about not doing the same thing and losing the same way for the 12 time lol...its worth a shot for a 4 min segment here and there vs teams like UK

Nice post. Idk if going zone all game will be effective but I do agree mixing it in is a good idea. Keep the young freshmen off balance.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I’m don’t expect to see Egor at the 5 tbh. Stone, Gak and Hayes will need to play major minutes today.
If they stay out of foul trouble....for sure. But they foul a lot and this is UK...and this is a team that will pound the inside.....just don't like the odds there lol

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gotta mix up the zone and man defense like White has been doing the past few games to confuse UK

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
We've gotten out rebounded plenty of times due to our lack of size up front.

Here's the bottom line:

1. If we make threes consistently or in volume, we likely win.
2. If we make about 7-10 threes and also get our good free throw shooters to the line, we have a good shot to win.
3. If we aren't making threes and some kind of ridiculous amount of twos or free throws don't happen, we likely lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator