White-hot Gators wipe the floor with Kentucky

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UConn won a championship with guard play mostly the year they beat us in the Final Four.

You will hear people state that a hundred different attributes are key in the tournament but the one thing that everyone agrees on is the importance of strong guard play in the tournament. If you have a strong point guard, and we do, you have the potential to get to the final four. I said potential.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Already happening. Bowl games used to be a big deal...now they’re just a side show.
They've been a sideshow since the advent of the BCS made the national champion from one game clear cut.

No matter how you slice or dice it, there will always be fewer football than basketball games. That automatically makes each one more important to fans.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very impressive performance yesterday for nearly the entire 40 minutes. It is obvious to me that UK did help us prepare with their "spank Florida" comment since I believe it helped our guys to stay focused on the task in the days leading up to the game.

It does appear that Coach White has turned a corner with this team and seems to have their attention which we know he has lamented most of the year. As you all know, my beef with Coach White can be described in one word ...passion. I wanted to see more passion on the sidelines with his players during the game and with refs that get out of control. Coach White seems to have stepped up in both areas, so much so that even Mic Hubert is commenting that White is getting aggressive with the refs.

I started complaining about his demeanor last year and stepped it up this year once we saw this team get jobbed a couple of times in SEC games and he stood silently throughout. To further prove the fact that Dooley reads Gatorchatter, within a few days of my rants, Mr. Dooley started mocking people like me stating that riding the refs doesn't work and in fact it hurts you with them. He based his position on a discussion with some random official in a bar somewhere in Texas about ten years ago. Sounds like scientific proof to me.
Now Mr. Dooley is acknowledging the fact that riding the refs does make a difference.

Thanks Pat, let me know if there is anything else I can help you to better understand.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
wanted to see more passion on the sidelines

True. And if White stays low-key during the game, think how dispassionate he is during practices. What is there that gets transferred ? Better step it up for tourney-time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:rabbi: :rabbi: :rabbi: :rabbi:

Hell, just two weeks ago you gooney goo goos were screaming fire Mike White!

I should stay just to mock you. Help Boss. Maybe I will.

I never outright said we should fire White :grin:

I hope you stay for good and catch the March Madness fever. It’ll warm your old, cold heart :)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I hope you stay for good and catch the March Madness fever. It’ll warm your old, cold heart :)

original.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator