Who are you picking to be All SEC this year?

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n229396 said:
My darkhorse pick is D'Anfernee McGriff at WR/RB combo.

Has he even qualified? I don't think he's coming to Gainesville if Auburn jettisoned him because they didn't think he'd make it. I see Hargreaves as a lock, and see Robinson as a lock if UF can field a decent quarterback. I don't see any other outstanding player on the squad, although UF returns one of it's NFL punters that Muschamp crowed about. Morrison would be a candidate, but I don't see him getting on the field this year, unless it's late for an audition for the NFL., otherwise he should redshirt and make a go in 2016 when he's, possibly, healthy.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Is this thread a trick?

I'm not used to seeing such enthusiasm and hope.

My pick?

Kelvin Taylor

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n229453 said:
Is this thread a trick?

I'm not used to seeing such enthusiasm and hope.

My pick?

Kelvin Taylor

I like that pick. :thumbup:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n229397 said:
Good list. I'm curious to see if Rumph will be able to light a fire under Brantley and get him on the list. With Bullard getting doubled a lot some else should be able to raise hell in opposing backfields and he did make decent strides against the run last year.
I believe having a new staff will light a fire under all of our guys asses. They knew before they had a loser coach who could take them nowhere.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n229397 said:
Good list. I'm curious to see if Rumph will be able to light a fire under Brantley and get him on the list. With Bullard getting doubled a lot some else should be able to raise hell in opposing backfields and he did make decent strides against the run last year.
I liked what I saw from Brantley last year. He was probably the most disruptive of the young guys imo. I'm also gonna be curious myself to see if can take that next step and be more consistent.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n229494 said:
I liked what I saw from Brantley last year. He was probably the most disruptive of the young guys imo. I'm also gonna be curious myself to see if can take that next step and be more consistent.

Exactly, and Ivie came alive toward the end of the season also. With the new DL coach I'll be willing to bet we have one of if not the best defensive lines in all of CFB. This should be a huge help to our young and thin LBer's allowing them space to find the ball on run plays or drop into coverage on pass plays. With our secondary being able to single cover most all of the time I hope we blitz the bejesus out of everyone we play with our LBer's.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Powell for that All-Purpose spot. Townsend at punter (might be doing a lot of that this year). I'm hoping Bryan Cox, Jr. will make the list.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's like Taven Bryan doesn't even exist on this thread. He was the most disruptive DL the entire spring.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Muschamp.

Oh wait, I thought the SEC in the title of the thread stood for Shi**y Ex Coaches.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n229510 said:
It's like Taven Bryan doesn't even exist on this thread. He was the most disruptive DL the entire spring.
Everyone was disruptive, he was being blocked by a 230 pound walk on named Matt fuchs. He may be a baller and is definitely someone to keep an eye on but we haven't seen him do anything against an sec offensive line.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n229510 said:

Agreed - I believe one person did mention him. But we've all seen and heard about how somebody is killing it in the Spring or had a great O&B game, and then when the season rolls around...................................
JLVoG.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;229517 said:
Everyone was disruptive, he was being blocked by a 230 pound walk on named Matt fuchs. He may be a baller and is definitely someone to keep an eye on but we haven't seen him do anything against an sec offensive line.

He's a Freshman. Of course you haven't seen anything yet.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;229518 said:
Agreed - I believe one person did mention him. But we've all seen and heard about how somebody is killing it in the Spring or had a great O&B game, and then when the season rolls around...................................
JLVoG.gif

You see a lot more of that on offense than defense. And that's been a relatively recent phenomenon. Under Spurrier, players that blew up in the spring and the summer were stars in the fall.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n229522 said:
You see a lot more of that on offense than defense. And that's been a relatively recent phenomenon. Under Spurrier, players that blew up in the spring and the summer were stars in the fall.

I hope we see a similar trend under Mac and I'm hopeful TB is every bit the mean, nasty dude come this Fall that he reportedly was in the Spring.
:chomp:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;229531 said:
Redshirt.....just saying. And don't get so damned mad about nobody mentioning your boy.....:lol:

Who could forget the picture of him on the alligator?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n229517 said:
Everyone was disruptive, he was being blocked by a 230 pound walk on named Matt fuchs.
Fvkks is up to 240 lbs. You need to be polite. He will be starting by the second week of October.

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
GatorJ;n229510 said:

I think people are just cautious about getting there hopes up until they actually see him on the field. It seems like every spring and fall camp there is some player that is tearing it up and then the season starts and his is no where to be found. Emmanuel Moody in 08 was "killing it" in spring, Omar Hunter in 09 was called the "Tim Tebow" of the defense by Meyer, Deonte Thompson and Debose supposedly turning it on finally every offseason. I think in 2011 Jaye Howard said John Brantley looked like a Heisman contender in fall camp. I don't know, it just seems like every year this happens with one player and then he disappears or just isn't what he is hyped up to be. So when it comes to Taven Bryan I'm just taking a wait and see approach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man, griff has more likes than post lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online