• UV - Vanderbilt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Mr SEC is douchenozzle from way back. He's really proud of all those BC/BCS Championships those Fleabags won. They celebrate as many Almost Championships as Trailerbammer and as many Moral Victories as Tinerc.
Morals and Tinerc? Those are 2 words I would never put together.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that scares me about Georgia is that they swiped Jeremy Pruitt from FSU. He's a great DC. Former Bama defensive coach. I'm glad he only spent a year with FSU but not so happy he went to Georgia.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
I'm all in with my Gators.

Don't understand why SC gets so much respect, it's certainly not their talent.
Gee, maybe they get respect due to that older gent on their sideline wearing a visor perhaps? At least he hasn't destroyed their program like the UGA grad we have in charge is in the process of doing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n30066 said:
The only thing that scares me about Georgia is that they swiped Jeremy Pruitt from FSU. He's a great DC. Former Bama defensive coach. I'm glad he only spent a year with FSU but not so happy he went to Georgia.
This is what worries me aswell they have a lot of players comming back on defense and they have a big oline for those running backs

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
If this guy manages to correct their regular incompetence on that side of the ball it's going to be disappointing

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
MJMGator;n29624 said:
We really don't know what to expect from our team. The Dwags will have one of the toughest offenses, but their defense looks to be a joke. Mizzou should go back to being Mizzou. Vandy and UT may pull an upset each, but they have no shot at winning consistently. UK sux. That leaves SC with the most complete team and the best coaching, so I pick them to win the East. If our offense gets it figured out, we could be there but we have to see it to believe it.
Color me not convinced that Georgia will have a tough offense.
Agree. I'm not sure Georgia fans are buying fully in to QB Mason. In his two starts last season, he started slow and at times struggled to find chemistry with his receivers. Georgia's defense will need a lot of help from their offense since it won't be as strong as past years.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia is installing a version of the 3-4 defense which usually requires a great nose tackle to help with penetration into the backfield and puts a lot of pressure on the linebakers to plug the gaps, rush the QB or back-peddle to cover. It's been mentioned that many of their defensive players have lost 10-20 pounds of weight to be utilized better in this scheme and likely to be able to drop into coverage. I could be wrong, but I think we match up better against this scheme.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n30121 said:
This is what worries me aswell they have a lot of players comming back on defense and they have a big oline for those running backs
They should be serviceable on the DL and strong at LB, but their secondary is an absolute dumpster fire. They were terrible last year and the only ones with any experience have either transferred or been kicked off for "violating team rules". I look for Clumpson to light them up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
If the Florida Gators and their Clown Prince head coach wins the East I'll post a picture of myself in jorts and a GatorChatter T shirt.
I second this.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
It will flat out suck.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

I think your comment is poorly thought out.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
I think he more so originally chose an offense that he himself has a hard time stopping (not necessarily because he thought it would make his defense better). We just never had the pieces.
You're right Fever has a problem with reading comprehension.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n30066 said:
Not trying to pick an argument with you at all, but a great DC may be a little over the top. He has only been a DC for ONE year. He was a DB coach at Bama for only 3 years and player development director there for the 3 years before that. That puts him in the Saban "process" for 6 years which is scary enough in itself, but hardly crowns Pruitt as a Great DC, imo.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n29933 said:
Georgia catches us at our worst in 3 decades and they forget we've owned them the last 20 years. Lol I don't get how confident that fanbase is? When's the last time they've won something of importance? Either way congrats uga fan on your barely beating our 4-8 injury depleted team .

Well in reality they should be confident against us a little as we have found ways to lose the last 3 games we had a chance to win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
I think he more so originally chose an offense that he himself has a hard time stopping (not necessarily because he thought it would make his defense better). We just never had the pieces.
sonomagator, I am just saying what the article writer said. Read my post.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Concrete Helmet;n29500 said:
Question...How is the East or West decided ? Is it record against the teams in your division 1st then overall SEC record with the tie breaker being head to head. I can't remember.

Overall record in the SEC. Should be record against teams in your division.
We play LSU every year, but we play Alabama just as often as they play LSU. It's on a rotating basis with the other teams in the west...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n30066 said:

I don't think UGA will have a great defense this year, but I do believe it will be improved from last year, partly because of Pruitt. It is a winnable game, but it will be a tough win. Their running game could give our defense fits, so the offense will need to score points early, so that UGA is forced to pass more.

Anyways, I think a great arguement could be stated for either USC, UGA, or UF to win the East. There is no clear favorite, and it is likely that a tie breaker will occur between at least two of these three teams. That said, I think UF does surpise and win the East this year. There is lots of talent and experience on both sides of the ball for UF, and even as horrible as UF was last year, both USC and UGA still struggled to beat them. I also don't think that there are any guaranteed loses on UF's schedule as tough as it is. They will probably slip up and lose 2-3 games, but as of right now they will be very competitive in all of their games, and that's not a bad way to start a new season that follows a disasterous one.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

pretty much his usual idiocy.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Concrete Helmet;n29500 said:
Question...How is the East or West decided ? Is it record against the teams in your division 1st then overall SEC record with the tie breaker being head to head. I can't remember.

Overall record in the SEC. Should be record against teams in your division.
Yeah Ole Vince did a helluva job stacking for his dawgs. It's the only way they can win since Herschel left.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
MJMGator;n29624 said:
We really don't know what to expect from our team. The Dwags will have one of the toughest offenses, but their defense looks to be a joke. Mizzou should go back to being Mizzou. Vandy and UT may pull an upset each, but they have no shot at winning consistently. UK sux. That leaves SC with the most complete team and the best coaching, so I pick them to win the East. If our offense gets it figured out, we could be there but we have to see it to believe it.
Color me not convinced that Georgia will have a tough offense.
they're not anymore than Bama fans are happy about Simms. I went on both boards a few times and bravado aside there's a lot of worried leg humpers and trash out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.