Who is Faton Buata?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt he's in more than 5 plays if any at all. If you want to surprise the other team's defense, you don't tell them what the surprise is. But Richt may be that dumb.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Richt probably watched a bunch of tape from our game versus UT and thinks this kid will do his best Dobbs impersonation on us. I don't buy it, though. Richt is too pro-style to come out in a Wing-T formation. At best, they run 5 plays with him and he leaves with a concussion, never to be heard from again.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n304402 said:
Richt probably watched a bunch of tape from our game versus UT and thinks this kid will do his best Dobbs impersonation on us. I don't buy it, though. Richt is too pro-style to come out in a Wing-T formation. At best, they run 5 plays with him and he leaves with a concussion, never to be heard from again.

He's no Dobbs. I just don't know how mobile this guy is. I've seen him on TV in garbage time, and he didn't impress me with his throwing ability. If I remember correctly, he's more of a straight-ahead QB draw type of runner. If Collins puts a spy on him, his goose is cooked.

Richt has done some strange things in this game: going for it on 4th and goal (close to the goal) late in the 2003 game, instead of taking the FG, and seeing Leak lead Zook's team down the field forthe winning FG; sanctioning the Stomp in 2007; coming out in the black helmets and pants in 2009 (a lotta good that did them); going for it on 4th down, TWICE, in Muschamp's first year, and making both for TDs; and not using his TOs at the end of the first half last year to try and get some kind of score, but this might be the strangest thing yet.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n304402 said:

This is exactly what i thought too.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After the pick 6, he'll be benched and the next puppy will be sent out for a beating.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This guy's high school tape is impressive. He has incredible athleticism and a cannon for an arm. However, the QB situation is terrible. This is his 4th year at jawja. His highlight is he was 16-28 for 232 yards and 2 touchdowns in the black and red game or whatever their spring game is called. That was 2014. If he was any good at all he'd already be starting.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorWarrior;n304319 said:
Long time Gator fan tonight I am sick. I coached Faton for 3 or 4 years when he was younger. Wish he was getting his first start against some one else. Great kid,very strong , very determined and comes from a great family. Good luck crazy train but the rest of the dawgs are gator bait.

You coached the cheerleaders?

Sep 29, 2015
Way to give your Number 1 a vote of confidence ahead of the biggest game of the year. I guess the retirement of UGA IX wasn't enough motivation for the mutts.

Really though, to leak such ridiculous nonsense like this smacks of desperation, which is a stinky cologne.

You know the kid will come in for a qb keeper or two so Richt doesn't look like a total fraud, but Mac and Collins won't buy this for a second.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very much looking forward to the latest edition of "Whipped Puppy."

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n304406 said:
He's no Dobbs. I just don't know how mobile this guy is. I've seen him on TV in garbage time, and he didn't impress me with his throwing ability. If I remember correctly, he's more of a straight-ahead QB draw type of runner. If Collins puts a spy on him, his goose is cooked.

Richt has done some strange things in this game: going for it on 4th and goal (close to the goal) late in the 2003 game, instead of taking the FG, and seeing Leak lead Zook's team down the field forthe winning FG; sanctioning the Stomp in 2007; coming out in the black helmets and pants in 2009 (a lotta good that did them); going for it on 4th down, TWICE, in Muschamp's first year, and making both for TDs; and not using his TOs at the end of the first half last year to try and get some kind of score, but this might be the strangest thing yet.

My guess is, Richt is well aware that beating UF likely means another year on the job. That's especially true this year. Desperation will make a man do funny things.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't buy this whole thing. This is just another gimmicky think he's attempting.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Desperate times call for desperate measures. It won't work.

GatorWarrior

Oct 29, 2015
Pretty funny Bernardo coming from a no talent assclown. Lol.

Thanks rogdochar.

Gogata you hit the nail on the head. Richt knows they can't pass on this defense so they are going to try to use Faton like Dobbs. Faton is a much more physical runner than Dobbs but I don't think he will be as much of threat to hit on a long run. Faton would have been a good fit in Urban Meyers offense he is Tebow lite.
I always thought Faton's best position was h back or linebacker. I'll never forget his first day of practice he was 2 years younger than everyone else on the team he said coach I want to be Qb. I let him take a couple of snaps and played him as a hb/fb. It was evident the kid was special but I didn't think he was a Qb. I give him a lot of credit for sticking to his guns and achieving his dream. J

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorWarrior;n304447 said:
Pretty funny Bernardo coming from a no talent assclown. Lol.

Thanks rogdochar.

Gogata you hit the nail on the head. Richt knows they can't pass on this defense so they are going to try to use Faton like Dobbs. Faton is a much more physical runner than Dobbs but I don't think he will be as much of threat to hit on a long run. Faton would have been a good fit in Urban Meyers offense he is Tebow lite.
I always thought Faton's best position was h back or linebacker. I'll never forget his first day of practice he was 2 years younger than everyone else on the team he said coach I want to be Qb. I let him take a couple of snaps and played him as a hb/fb. It was evident the kid was special but I didn't think he was a Qb. I give him a lot of credit for sticking to his guns and achieving his dream. J

I hope you passed along this info to coach Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.