Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All you have to do is look at Nuss’s resume
It’s a classic fail and we have him

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If the problem is communication, why does Franks have the armband? Or reduce the play book for plays that Franks is comfortable with? Hell LSU game in with the high school offense and won, and Auburn has doing it all season.

This is something that coaches rarely do, they insist on their system and think that the players must adapt. At some point you should adapt your system to the strengths and capabilities of your players. You can't change them, but you can change you.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Maybe Nuss is pizzed that he is up in the box and is a little slow on the play call, just say'in

Why would being in the box have anything to do with the speed. If you are on the field you still have to communicate to whoever is sending in the play. I would think being where you can see better would speed things up rather than slow them down.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is something that coaches rarely do, they insist on their system and think that the players must adapt. At some point you should adapt your system to the strengths and capabilities of your players. You can't change them, but you can change you.

I don't doubt that Franks can operate within the system with the right play-calling, but Nuss started the season with Franks in the game calling a LDR play set. This isn't like having Harris, kids got an arm and knows how to throw it. System isn't the problem like in 2015, game plan and play calling is. Nuss is fcking horrible at it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the blame...Nuss sucks as an OC, Franks sucks as a QB and is too lazy to get better, and Mac is probably Mark Richt at best (and he's not even there yet, so pick someone worse).

I'm not happy with Mac, I've just accepted that he'll be here next year. I'm tired of having player's coaches. I want the next coach to instill some discipline and some fear into these kids.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I've been saying it since last year, it's because we don't practice. Our practice consists of Butters sitting in the IPF with the team gathered around while he makes them peanut butter sandwiches and tells them stories about Big Sky country.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I vividly remember them showing Franks looking to the side line and motioning with his hands for them to hurry up and get the play call in.

This is (once again) on Nuss & Mac.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are starting to really see the end of Nussy. Although we've been calling for it for a long time, I truly think that it is going to become reality. Mac has to know that his azz is riding on that inept piece of dung. He has no long longevity anywhere. Crank up the noise and lets get his azz pounding pavement.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I vividly remember them showing Franks looking to the side line and motioning with his hands for them to hurry up and get the play call in.

I vividly remember this too, and even commented to my mom, "look at Franks, he's begging them to hurry up getting the plays to him". He realizes how important this moment is, our coaches don't, or more likely, simply aren't capable of doing the jobs we're paying them for.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Nuss is pizzed that he is up in the box and is a little slow on the play call, just say'in
Those headsets they have on? That's called instant communication. There are hundreds of football programs at all levels operating with the OC in the box on a headset, and I can count on one hand the number who have the issues we do getting a play called in a reasonable amount of time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those headsets they have on? That's called instant communication. There are hundreds of football programs at all levels operating with the OC in the box on a headset, and I can count on one hand the number who have the issues we do getting a play called in a reasonable amount of time.
The mysteries of modern science.

Apparently they didn't have this stuff in Montana and thus we are still using couriers.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Look closer. Those are noise reduction earmuffs. Drowns out crowd noise and booing.

14841be9-369a-4cf9-a76e-08234c65c910_1000.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was definitely calling Franks out there. With Del Rio the plays did get ran much quicker usually on average. We have an OC who is lost and a QB who is lost also it appears.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was definitely calling Franks out there. With Del Rio the plays did get ran much quicker usually on average. We have an OC who is lost and a QB who is lost also it appears.

Yeah the problem is it's real hard for Franks to get them line up, when Nuss is leaving roughly 10 seconds on the play clock after the play is called down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator