Who might replace Freeze at Ole Miss?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac's biggest problem is that he had a lot of deadweight on his coaching staff. But he seems to have fixed a lot of that. Let's see if it translates on the field.
Well, we got rid of one piece of dead weight allegedly. The funny thing he is and was known as a strong recruiter elsewhere.

Sidehat? I dont know. He is no x and o guy but he wasnt terrible recruiting.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we got rid of one piece of dead weight allegedly. Thw funny thing he is and was known as a strong recruiter elsewhere.

Sidehat? I dont know. He is no x and o guy but he wasnt terrible recruiting.

I don't think he was spending a lot of time recruiting though. Or calling good defenses for that matter…

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he was spending a lot of time recruiting though. Or calling good defenses for that matter…
So glad he is gone. Wish we managed to lose the other coordinators with him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Morris is a rising name, and would be insane to voluntarily hop onto that sinking ship.

Dooley? May as well let the NCAA give you the death penalty if that's your answer. At least you could take some time off.
Morris's buyout I think is $6mil. He turned Baylor down and got an extension, so why go Ole Miss. Dooley is a hilarious option.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Is Dooley still with the cowboys? Or is that Shula I'm thinking about? Always get those two mixed up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His offenses were pretty good and he's a good recruiter
Yeah. Lets face it, apparently the SEC doesnt allow you to leave the Saban tree when hiring, so he is probably next for us

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SEC football is so terrible I can't stand to watch it. I used to watch almost every televised game. Now I have trouble watching just ours.

It reminds me of that godawful Big 10 stuff from the eighties with 200 yards of offense and a 12-10 or 14-9 score.

... then sit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO the SEC went down in results because we were in that long up-cycle where 4-5 SEC teams were justifiably ranked in the Top-10, so an SEC team could lose 3-4 games in the conference, year after year. Schools got negative about actually good HCs who could cyclically bring their teams back to Top-10 level and the schools overpressured them into making risky coaching & player decisions. Then fired them (Richt & Miles). From that the SEC started faltering in those OOC bowl games and even into higher ranked SEC teams losing to lower ranked SEC teams ... I believe that factors into it as much as HCs abandoning their personal-coaching beliefs to stumbly immitate Saban's style.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and the schools overpressured them into making risky coaching & player decisions. Then fired them (Richt & Miles).
Thats crazy. There was never anything risky about Miles. His idea of risky was only running that toss smash thing they ran only 30 times in a row instead of 50. Richt just isnt a good gameday coach. He can recruit well enough to be a second tier guy but he is never going to win anything. Too vanilla.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC is the only conference to routinely fire HCs who "only" win 9 games per season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC is the only conference to routinely fire HCs who "only" win 9 games per season.
Win inflation. Plenty of coaches got fired for being 7-5 a few decades ago. 9-5 because you beat two extra cupcakes (in overtime in our case) doesn't impress me even a little. The SEC teams outside of UF, Mushcocks, and Ugly don't even have that extra instate nonconference rival on their schedule. Pretty much every other SEC starts the season with 4 wins against cupcakes penciled in.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I can't imagine who would take the Ole Miss gig. I could see Dooley take it, and I would indeed laugh my 4$$ off. They need someone who will 'clean up' the program, not dig the hole deeper, so yeah, someone like Dooley or a young up'n'coming HBC that doesn't realize what he'd be stepping into. I doubt they get a real coach. Nobody worth half a lick would touch that job for at least 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator