Why are so many buttholes being suddenly puckered over Kentucky football?

If you could only have one in 2018, which would it be?

• Top 40 offense

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • Winning the East

Votes: 47 53.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If I was to take a guess at what his norm over time would be here, I’d put it around 8.5 wins with years that are competitive for conference and national championships. That’s not exactly bad...

That would not be good enough. That’s Zook, Muschamp and Mac territory. If he wins 8-9 games each of the next 3 years his seat will be either hot or in flames, unless there is a strong sense of rebuilding underway.

He’ll last longer if he can win 10+ and compete for conference championships - really compete, not show up and get steamrolled. If he wins the SEC, and that would put UF in the playoff, he’ll earn a few more years to try again.

Good news is he gets that. But it’s really, really tough.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These were real people from the Appalachian mountains in Kentucky. A blood displaisia gives them blue skin.
Google Blue Fugates. They know not to in-breed anymore. This ain't photo-shopped.
th
Only in Kentucky. What the ****.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That would not be good enough. That’s Zook, Muschamp and Mac territory. If he wins 8-9 games each of the next 3 years his seat will be either hot or in flames, unless there is a strong sense of rebuilding underway.

He’ll last longer if he can win 10+ and compete for conference championships - really compete, not show up and get steamrolled. If he wins the SEC, and that would put UF in the playoff, he’ll earn a few more years to try again.

Good news is he gets that. But it’s really, really tough.

It comes down to the program, not just the wins and losses. I expect that if things work as I believe he will be here a long time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When Del Rio has to come in to save the day against KY you know an actual loss might be around the corner. We are likely to have that same QB for this game.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Anybody bring up last year's MSU-UK game yet? Yeah, didn't think so. I ain't worried.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It comes down to the program, not just the wins and losses. I expect that if things work as I believe he will be here a long time.

I certainly hope so. To this point, I am very happy with him. He is saying - and as far as I can tell - doing the right things. That all should lead to sustained success.

But spring is all about hope... we need scoreboard.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
...we could have done better....

I'm not discounting what you said, but who out there last year was a better hire? What I mean is, who was available that would have taken the job with a better resume? Serious questions.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. I didn't think there was a lot to choose from, and Mullen might have been the best available at the time (at least on paper).

Even though there wasn't a lot to choose from, I still think there was many better than what was had :mac:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm not discounting what you said, but who out there last year was a better hire? What I mean is, who was available that would have taken the job with a better resume? Serious questions.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. I didn't think there was a lot to choose from, and Mullen might have been the best available at the time (at least on paper).

Even though there wasn't a lot to choose from, I still think there was many better than what was had :mac:

GRUDEN!!!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:lmao2:

Alvin, is that you?

yes,... I got the sarcasm

Don’t know an Alvin but that’s one of my favorite Tennessee jokes - never loses its fun.

My guess about answers you’ll receive: Kelly, Frost, Franklin, etc. None are realistic but there’s a bunch of folks who are convinced they were.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

The truth is we had Kelly.....Stricklin f vcked it up.....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The truth is we had Kelly.....Stricklin f vcked it up.....
Kelly took less money to go to UCLA. I think he ultimately decided that the UF job was not for him.

By the way, did you see Kelly's crap recruiting class? Mullen's blew it away. Any thoughts on that?

I guess Kelly is just waiting until next year to get the big names. :lmao2:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
First Gruden was not an option, and probably not that good of any option either.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I checked earlier. I think we've lost to them five times since '56. Three of those came during the late '70s. I don't even remember the '86 loss.

I was a stock boy at a Winn Dixie in Middleburg, Fl; listening on a transistor radio. I think it was about minus 40 at kickoff up there. Bad anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator