Why are the Patriots so hated in the South?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
New York, because, well, it's New York. Plus, they've won they're share of SBs too (4).
Pittsburgh is obvious because of the 6 SB rings.
People love to hate a winner, unless it's their team.
People hate the Steelers because their fans are the absolute worst. Worse than any Boston fans. Worse than any New York fans. Steelers fans are, as Trump would put it, nasty people, just disastrous. The worst. Believe me.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People hate the Steelers because their fans are the absolute worst. Worse than any Boston fans. Worse than any New York fans. Steelers fans are, as Trump would put it, nasty people, just disastrous. The worst. Believe me.
My wife and best friend are both Steelers fans. :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I for one like the Patriots a lot. No matter who they have on the field, everyone knows where to go and what to do in the system they run. Every time some player like Gronk gets hurt, someone else picks up the slack. Plus you don't get a lot of showboating from them. Of course its the NFL so there are exceptions to all of this but for the most part they simply play like a team rather than a bunch of flashy individuals and they have great success doing it every year. Personally I think they are the epitome of what a team is supposed to be.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I for one like the Patriots a lot. No matter who they have on the field, everyone knows where to go and what to do in the system they run. Every time some player like Gronk gets hurt, someone else picks up the slack. Plus you don't get a lot of showboating from them. Of course its the NFL so there are exceptions to all of this but for the most part they simply play like a team rather than a bunch of flashy individuals and they have great success doing it every year. Personally I think they are the epitome of what a team is supposed to be.
Agreed. Bellichick is also probably the best at game planning in the history of the game. He'll find any weakness and come up with a way to exploit it. Excellent game planning, flawless execution and a HOF QB has made them the envy of the league for a long time.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Since I'm an old Dave Cowens, John Havlicek, Jo Jo White, Paul Silas groupie, I guess I like the Patriot's by extension :lol:
OMG a man after my own heart...................my favorite team of all time (old Baltimore Colts a distant second)
Bill Russell was my dad's favorite player. Ive read a lot about Bill. Smart guy who was a genius on the court and get up about as high as Dominique but knew what to do up there every time. This new NBA game aint my style,...........I liked the old teams when the players stayed with their team.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OMG a man after my own heart...................my favorite team of all time (old Baltimore Colts a distant second)
Bill Russell was my dad's favorite player. Ive read a lot about Bill. Smart guy who was a genius on the court and get up about as high as Dominique but knew what to do up there every time. This new NBA game aint my style,...........I liked the old teams when the players stayed with their team.

agree... played as a team, great passing instead of today's more showboat and individualism game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
New York and Pittsburgh, two teams probably hated more than New England. :lol:

Yep most people seem to get the Giants correct because they will remember the 2 wins over New England but they usually forget Pittsburgh - that Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep most people seem to get the Giants correct because they will remember the 2 wins over New England but they usually forget Pittsburgh - that Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls.
He was trying to get as many rings as rapes, but his window of opportunity is closing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps the hate is connected to wanting a novel entertaining game. The Patriots repeat making the big-name
games. That means spectators get to see the same repeated schemes succeed in the same ways and rarely
with any sparkling new players. Same ole same ole. IDK??

So this SB there'll be Patriots' tried & true fans hoping for the usual versus the Falcons' newcomer fans hoping
for new electric sparkling play from newer stars. If it's not a lopsided mismatch either way, this could be one of
the best SBs??

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because in the south, we're Rebels, not Patriots. Duh!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Must be my Facebook friends....... Everyone is saying "anyone but the Patriots". Kind of sounds like the run up to the election.

I'm not a Pats fan but I have made a bunch of money betting on them. i don't know if Brady is the GOAT but he's probably in the top 5..

BB may very well be top 5 Coach also. No one gets a team up week after week better than BB.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The level of Hatred approaches that for Puppy Killers!

:dunno:

* I hate the Falcons because they are from Georgia........
I'm a big-time Patriots fan and we're a rare breed in the south. My grandpa was from Boston and use to fly me up 3-4 times a year to take me to games which is the only reason I started liking them. Btw...there's some CRAZY M'fers up there...CRAZY!!! #GoPats

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you like money bet the Pats, lay the points......

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
I don't hate them, personally I find them to be quite lulzy on the count of I'm a Giants fan. Probably wouldn't have beaten them this year, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.