Will the postgame conference be snarky or somber?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It gets old hearing him use a loss as an excuse to find out what we're made of and who the real leaders are.

By this point we should know full well what we're made of and who the leaders are. We lose all the damn time!

Well we sure as Hell know who ISN'T the leader. :butters:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It gets old hearing him use a loss as an excuse to find out what we're made of and who the real leaders are.

By this point we should know full well what we're made of and who the leaders are. We lose all the damn time!
I agree. The PC and deflecting answers are so annoying. He just doesnt get it unfortunately. its always something like gotta work on some things or we'll fix it or this loss should hurt. Im tired of it. This has been going on for three years now, enough is enough. somebody should ask If it hurts so much, why does it keep happening?

Ive come to terms with it, we just need better coaches plain and simple.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel terrible for the kids. They constantly get embarrassed on the field and no doubt know this guy is a moron.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
All right, I watched the first minute but couldn't take anymore. He was somber and I didn't listen long enough to hear whether he got snarky or not. So I abstain.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. The PC and deflecting answers are so annoying. He just doesnt get it unfortunately. its always something like gotta work on some things or we'll fix it or this loss should hurt. Im tired of it. This has been going on for three years now, enough is enough. somebody should ask If it hurts so much, why does it keep happening?

Ive come to terms with it, we just need better coaches plain and simple.
Glad you're back posting.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I believe that is exactly what Zook used to say verbatim!!!!
Zook's was "gonna get it corrected" & "we're getting better and better".
I distinctly remember him saying both repeatedly.
Idk what we're expecting from this pathetic man. McElwain just sounds beat. He knows he doesn't have it. He figured out after Michigan that he's in over his head for sure and that's when his mood changed. He should just resign. The writing is on the wall.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I might take a million less just to get the hell out of there before I was scarred for life. At this point and with the same agent I might be able to rip someone else off. If he sticks around, there is no chance.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I might take a million less just to get the hell out of there before I was scarred for life. At this point and with the same agent I might be able to rip someone else off. If he sticks around, there is no chance.

No other moronic AD will higher Butters or Nuss after what they have put on the field. They might be able to get a job coaching JV high school football....might....

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched it. Here's a few observations.

Mac is too comfortable with a loss. - for whatever reason he views a loss as part of the game.
Mac gets outcoached and is actually in awe of being outcoached.
Mac needs to lose a lot more games to find out if he is cut out for coaching. The way that Muschamp needed to lose to be able to reconsider his coaching and be humbled a little
Mac reminds me of a trust fund kid who eventually runs out of money and has to begin to create their own way.

Mac really believes that he is a great coach and the only thing that will make him change is losing.
He has mistaken his luck and good fortune for competence. Basically at this point in his career he is an unknown. We have seen the product, he is not a good coach. But he doesn't know that yet!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He has mistaken his luck and good fortune for competence.
This jumped out at me. They say he has the same record as Muschamp through the same number of games, but the fact is Muschamp's wins were more impressive because the schedule was tougher. The SEC, especially the East, has been completely in the toilet since Mac coached his first game here. He'd be a sub-.500 coach had he started here in 2010.

He really has no impressive wins. Ole Miss? I guess that's it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is too comfortable with a loss. - for whatever reason he views a loss as part of the game.
He loses a lot. Why wouldn't he be comfortable with it.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He loses a lot. Why wouldn't he be comfortable with it.
We tease urban alot but urban hated losing.
Saban loses it if a play goes wrong.
Tebow lost one game and his quote is on a plaque.
Mac loses and says "sometimes you get whooped"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.