Will we break this streak?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BNA, be honest: If we had hired Petrino, where would we be right this moment? In a better or worse position?
Not sure. Can title IX suits get thru FL courts fast?

He's also known for his strategic recruiting

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wait till people see the defense next year. We better be scoring 40+ a game because our defense is going to take HUGE steps back.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wait till people see the defense next year. We better be scoring 40+ a game because our defense is going to take HUGE steps back.
I think you're right on this. We're gonna go from one ditch to the other.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier built the foundation and the walls, and made Florida dominant. Zook and even Meyer benefited from what Spurrier built, but even the end of Meyers stint was the beginning of a 6 year shyt show that have crumbled the walls Spurrier built.

Mac's got it tough - much tougher than Zook or Meyer. He gave a "glimmer" of what could be last year, and is benefiting this year - but not enough.

Out talent on the field is weak - weakest it's been in a long time. That's not Mac's fault. I want him to overachieve with that talent (show he's a good coach who can develop) and make Florida football fun again for kids to want to be a part of.

We aren't winning any 'ships this year...win hearts of kids.

Spurrier gave us instant offense - he didn't have to build anything first.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, so you feel it would be worse. Fair enough.
Development of football skills or the skills of men? Football he is likely better at least to me second dimension below. Of men I think I will take butter.

Short term or long term? Short term results, oh yes Petrino. Long term, nah. Butter has a longer term horizon.

In summary I prefer developers of men over narcissistic football jocks to represent my school.

I also prefer long term over short term.

But hey that's me and my value system

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In summary I prefer developers of men over narcissistic football jocks to represent my school.
You are certainly in the nationwide minority on that one. Most people just want to win football games, as they know the players are nothing but hired guns that would have no chance at getting into the school academically.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are certainly in the nationwide minority on that one. Most people just want to win football games, as they know the players are nothing but hired guns that would have no chance at getting into the school academically.
thank goodness! Heaven forbid I'd have the mentality of the us populace that brought us our leaders!

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still find it amusing to read about the bitching and moaning that goes on. Would you guys get a grip? How many teams are there in the FBS? 128? We had a top 15 recruiting class and that is not good enough for you? Would I love to have top 5? Or number 1? Absofluckinglutely. You betcha I would. Mac filled a $h1t ton full of needs with that class. Get a grip and come back after signing day 2017 if we don't have a good class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect, I simply disagree. To completely absolve Mac and staff of any responsibility of our weak talent is silly. Are we going to play this game for years (blaming the former coach) like we did with Muschamp before we finally had to come to terms with the fact that he wasn't the answer?

I'm not saying pull the plug on Mac (it's too early), but let's not sugarcoat the truth. The staff did a lousy job on that last recruiting class.
Astonishing this post has no other likes. Astonishing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But let's say Mac had a lights out recruiting year last year. How many would be starters? The talent on the field is 80% or more what he was left with..
Not many no doubt, but the Tebows and Harvins are ready to play as freshmen. You dont win championships without the game changers.

All those DTs, LBs and OL we didnt sign would have made all the difference in 2017.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you can have today's college football and its safe space targeting rules/calls.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Development of football skills or the skills of men? Football he is likely better at least to me second dimension below. Of men I think I will take butter.

Short term or long term? Short term results, oh yes Petrino. Long term, nah. Butter has a longer term horizon.

I also prefer long term over short term.

But hey that's me and my value system
Then why not just hire abunch of guidance councelors and hope they can coach?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you can have today's college football and its safe space targeting rules/calls.
I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. But you're still my favorite poster.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:grin::grin:
I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. But you're still my favorite poster.
You see the Mich CF targeting call?

I would have thought you'd availed yourself of a safe space on campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.