Will we even beat UAB?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FCS teams are the former Division 1-AA. North Dakota St., JMU, Villanova, Northern Colorado, Eastern Washington, Montana, FAMU, etc.

And we'd lose to 5 of those seven right about now.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the players want to win they will win...if they want to put in the effort they did today they won't

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I meant FCS, thanks for the correction.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Can we've give Foley a commerative season T Shirt at half time for the wondrous job he did a securing top talent ??

A shirt he'd most likely throw away and never let anyone see he got it. I'm more of an old school mindset, looking to spray paint it on his car for him to drive around town letting everyone know, as well as on the front door to his office to remind him everytime he comes in for 'work'.

vlcsnap-2013-05-29-11h55m26s107.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is from Stewart Mandel - this game is no gimme (for our 'whoa is me' football team):

UAB, back and better than ever
On Saturdays this time last season, while the rest of the nation’s football teams ran into amped-up stadiums and played for championships and bowl berths, the UAB Blazers would scrimmage at a soccer stadium and a hold a cookout afterward.

Head coach Bill Clark was “cautiously optimistic” about the level of talent he’d spent two years assembling, but “you just can’t simulate the urgency and intensity of a college football game without doing it,” he said.

As it turns out, UAB’s first football team in three years may be better than nearly all that came before it. With a 52-21 blowout of Rice on Saturday, the 6-3 Blazers became bowl-eligible for just the fifth time in the program’s 20 seasons at the FBS level. And unlike Clark’s first season in 2014, when UAB president Ray Watts controversially shut down the program (citing financial reasons) three days after the Blazers finished 6-6, the 2017 squad will definitely go bowling.

UAB’s only previous bowl trip was the 2004 Hawaii Bowl.

“Were not satisfied, and we’ve still got games left,” Clark told The All-American on Sunday, “but it was still a big accomplishment, to come from where we have.”

Suffice to say no coach has pulled off anything quite like the 49-year-old Alabama native, who stayed on as coach after donors convinced Watts to reinstate the program six months after shuttering it.

Just 15 players remain from his 2014 roster, three of whom left and then transferred back. There are 50 junior college transfers, seven FBS or FCS transfers, 18 redshirt freshmen and 10 true freshmen. One true frosh, running back Spencer Brown, ranks in the top 20 nationally with 1,049 rushing yards.

“I knew if we brought in the right guys we could at least compete,” Clark said. “We could sell playing time — you know you can come in and play immediately.

“Then I saw this past spring, Hey, maybe we do have a chance. We went out in recruiting and got some guys that really bonded together.”

Just last week, UAB signed Clark to a contract extension that made him the fifth-highest-paid coach in the conference at $900,000. He’s already earned every penny.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If they rediscover their self respect, yes. If they don't, shame on them and this wretched shell of a program. Is it basketball season yet?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The Lazy McElwains will put up a good fight for 8 minutes and then tank while thinking about burgers and pussy. 28-6 UAB.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
UAB has just put a program back together and they're already scoring 40 pts per game so.....no this bum ass staff isn't beating them. If I were the QB at UF I'd start calling my own plays and whatever Nuss sent in I'd do the opposite :lol:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Agreed! I haven't been able to watch over a quarter and a half the last couple weeks. The staff is incompetent bums and the players know it and have given up!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I almost, but not quite, want McElwain back coaching for that game, so we could boo him from here to Colorado as the team goes down the tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.