Wimbledon 2014

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Bob redneck fans like the Bama crowd think college football is the only sport in the Universe. They don't know. Demented foaming at the mouth soccer heads think their football and the World Cup in the only true sport in the Cosmos. They don't know. The bloodthirsty hand to hand combat aficionados believe they've found the ultimate sport. They don't' know. Then there is the WWE crowd. The less said about them the better.

Tennis fans know. Wimbledon is the creme de la creme, ultimate gladiatorial spectacular of sporting events. Every late June and early July you will see on the grass courts of "The Championship" the most outstanding arena of one on one gladiator contest in the Cosmos

Rafa has exited in the early rounds the last two Wimbledon's. Grass is not his best surface. The elder statesman, Roger Federe, has not showed up in the final four in quite some time. British hope, Andy Murray, won last year but has played uninspired tennis the last few months. Djokovic is seeded #1 but I refuse to discuss the bellowing arrogant "bastardo". Argentine Del Porto is coming off a serious injury.Not sure if he is even playing. Dark horse, Wawinka, won the Australian Open and could be a factor this year. Sadly I must report again there is NO AMERICAN in the field capable of winning Wimbledon. I take that back. With his laser rocket serve Isner has the weapon to make some noise. Here are some other names I'll throw at you, Tomas Berdych, David Ferrer, Milos Raonic and Kei Nishikori.

Let the games begin............

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n5402 said:
Tennis is for girls.

Obviously, you've never played tennis. I'd like to see you out on dog day in July or August playing straight hours of slam bang tennis on hard courts. Tennis is no game for wimps or fat boys.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n5579 said:
Obviously, you've never played tennis. I'd like to see you out on dog day in July or August playing straight hours of slam bang tennis on hard courts. Tennis is no game for wimps or fat boys.

I'm not a girl, sooooo no I haven't.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a 1 thread limit about shiity sports that America hates and that is the world cup thread...now get the **** out

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n5646 said:
We have a 1 thread limit about shiity sports that America hates and that is the world cup thread...now get the **** out

Me thinks this is one of those cerebral WWE fans.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always enjoy Wimbledon. On my bucket list of sporting events to attend one day.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennis is a weird sport. If you love it and play it, you want to see more doubles on TV. Since most people don't know that game well, they play singles so people can digest a relatively simple strategy. Pro tennis is also a fairly courteous sport. However, if you watch doubles, you'll see people launching 60+mph shots at people from 15ft away. You'll also see 90+mph overheads launched from the same distance.

If you don't like it, then you just don't. But you also don't have an appreciation of the talent on display. To each is own, but I'll be watching Wimbledon. I'll also be watching the U.S. Open and the tournament series leading up to it. They are tremendous events and it's a shame that someone like Alvin started the thread...it was doomed from the beginning.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n5672 said:
Tennis is a weird sport. If you love it and play it, you want to see more doubles on TV. Since most people don't know that game well, they play singles so people can digest a relatively simple strategy. Pro tennis is also a fairly courteous sport. However, if you watch doubles, you'll see people launching 60+mph shots at people from 15ft away. You'll also see 90+mph overheads launched from the same distance.

If you don't like it, then you just don't. But you also don't have an appreciation of the talent on display. To each is own, but I'll be watching Wimbledon. I'll also be watching the U.S. Open and the tournament series leading up to it. They are tremendous events and it's a shame that someone like Alvin started the thread...it was doomed from the beginning.

Tennis transcends "someone like Alvin". Verily, verily I say unto the tennis ignoramuses, just watch the game, Dudes, and get on the bandwagon.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watching tennis is better than watching weeds grow, barely.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n5741 said:
Watching tennis is better than watching weeds grow, barely.

Only when it's girls tennis. :naughty:

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite spectator sport is Beach Volleyball!

Attachments

• conv_146.jpg
    conv_146.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 85

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love the extension. All out!

Attachments

• conv_147.png
    conv_147.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 75

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back to the topic

Attachments

• conv_148.png
    conv_148.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 81

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n5663 said:
Me thinks this is one of those cerebral WWE fans.
Yes disliking tennis means i life fake wrestling...there's no other explanation

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n5765 said:
Back to the topic

I don't think the very proper guardians of Wimbledon will let her wear those shorts in front of the Royal Family. What's wrong with me? Am I turning gay? I'm a big tennis fan and I don't know that bountiful booty!!!!!!!!

Is that McElroy's ex?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Booty call #2

Who is this, I know.

Attachments

• conv_160.jpg
    conv_160.jpg