Women's Basketball Team

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Seems like Hammond would be a great hire for the Gators. As the first full time female assistant for any of the four major sports leagues she could bring some national attention to Gainesville. If Popovich hired her then she clearly has some coaching props. Think that would have to help with recruiting as well. Hope this isn't just idle chatter.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately Hammon didn't take the job. I think she wants to be an NBA head coach.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Disappointing to hear that UF may have low-balled her on salary. Not that this is anything new. She would have been great for the program. Not sure who else is on their list.

I don't know how she will get an NBA head coaching job without at least some head coaching experience (other than summer league). She will have to overcome the gender issue to begin with and having no resume of running the show would seem to be a significant barrier.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think she is overplaying her hand if she thinks she is close to an NBA head job being given to her in the next few years without showing she can win as a head coach first at the college level. I don't even think our current PC push in sports would let that happen. She is a little hard headed however as shown when she became a Russian citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator