stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Didnt know where to post this. Anyone play. Simple challenging word game. Once a day and can takes about 5 minutes. Me and my buddy sort of compete now. You have six tries to discover their five letter word. Some letters can be used more than once. Each attempt shows you letters that ARE NOT in the word. Letters in the word but wrong place and letter that are in the right place. Its cool. Older people seem to like it and its good for the brain I hear.............

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Been doing this, Framed and Quordle daily for a while if I do t forget. Does help to clear some fog when my mind needs a boost.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@stephenPE I started doing it a year before I retired and like @gingerlover I might forget once in a while but have found it to be good brain lube. A couple of the guys I worked with did it and we’d all try to get the word with the third attempt, but there are days it takes 5-6 to get it. I’ll usually start with a word heavy with vowels and go from there. I’ll also do the free Spelling Bee and keep a couple of crossword books laying around. I do believe it helps to keep us sharper mentally as we age.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didnt know where to post this. Anyone play. Simple challenging word game. Once a day and can takes about 5 minutes. Me and my buddy sort of compete now. You have six tries to discover their five letter word. Some letters can be used more than once. Each attempt shows you letters that ARE NOT in the word. Letters in the word but wrong place and letter that are in the right place. Its cool. Older people seem to like it and its good for the brain I hear.............
Most people in here wouldn't be good at Wordle because they can't spell....:lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got the wordle on my first guess once. The word was TRAIN.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have been playing for a few years. Once you get your own routine down, you can solve it in about 30 seconds.

The best first word to use is: audio

My stats: :nerd:
IMG_3669.jpeg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Tried it. Not enough consistency to my schedule to hit that even for a few minutes every few days. Instead, I keep a crossword app and knock out a half dozen every other week.

Buddy and I started doing crosswords over lunch in the newspaper back in 13th and 14th grade.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
AUDIO is my go to.
I switch between RAISE and ARISE... wife and Daughter both use AISLE.

Depending on what happens with RAISE/ARISE, sometimes i use a completely unrelated second word that covers as much of the "RSTLNE" rule from WoF as possible.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the NYT edition of wordle, I enjoy going through the analytics afterward.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 8.09.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 8.09.56 AM.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 8.12.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 8.12.58 AM.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 8.13.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 8.13.09 AM.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 10

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I switch between RAISE and ARISE... wife and Daughter both use AISLE.

Depending on what happens with RAISE/ARISE, sometimes i use a completely unrelated second word that covers as much of the "RSTLNE" rule from WoF as possible.

I don't play often, but I think your second guess is key.

I like to start with ORATE and if that doesn't hit follow up with MUSIC.

If I started with ARISE and didn't hit, I'd follow up with something like TOUCH or TROUT or CLOUT.

Alex.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
My preferred starting word is AIERY. Y actually seems to come up a lot so its good in the rotation. Second guess (if nothing significant on the first) is usually some variation of MOULD/MOULT/MOUND/MOUNT. Covers all the vowels and most of the main consonants.

Four guesses is most common with with three being next for me. Gotten two several times, once when my first guess got nothing, and my second guess was IRONY which was the correct choice for the day.

I'll have to check out Zambo's analytics.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This happened to me yesterday. I got all the letters on the second guess…. But not a single letter was in the correct spot. I can’t recall that ever happening:

IMG_3674.jpeg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My preferred starting word is AIERY
Too many vowels. All that is going to do is confirm that, yes indeed, the word has vowels. The thing is that all words have vowels so if you pick a starting word that only has a couple of vowels, even if none of them show up in the puzzle its telling you that the other vowels do show up. Normally if you can figure out the consonants quickly the vowels just fall in place.
This happened to me yesterday. I got all the letters on the second guess…. But not a single letter was in the correct spot. I can’t recall that ever happening:

View attachment 66309
was the answer RATED?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.