Wow...Rece Davis to replace Chris Fowler on Gameday

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Nothing personal, but I wonder what about Rece Davis ESPN thinks is so magical and wonderful that they couldn't take a chance on him walking? Maybe I'm just jaded but his show with Mark May and Lou Holtz was filled with inane, banal banter, vague and non-insightful commentary "the home team has to score more points than the visitors to win this thing guys" type stuff. I just think Fowler is the better host and the better play by play guy, but since I watch College Gameday so infrequently now, I doubt it I will notice.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, even if I'm the only one here that does, I really like Rece Davis.

I think he's good at what he does and is interesting. He passionate about college football, he's from the south east and he's articulate and experienced. I agree that Chris Fowler is better, but Rece would be my second pick for that spot.

I'm grateful that so much college football is broadly available these days and that ESPN pays so many people to keep us constantly entertained. Now... let's hope UF reclaims it's place among the elite (in performance) programs.

:haters:

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure I read something last year that fowler was looking to move more into being the play by play guy, so I'm not sure this is ESPN picking Davis over Fowler. More like they had to fill the role. Agreed with everyone else who can't stand the rest. I haven't watched Gameday in years

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.