Yet another loser

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just like I did not understand all the genuflection last week after beating a girl's team, I am certainly not going to pile on cousin Eddie after this game. Sure I hated the Cousin Eddie hire from Day 1 and everyone knows that and I said I was done going to the games b/c of it and would watch from afar, but this game tonite was the Quintessential Cousin Eddie performance as a head coach. Yes I know that Cousin Eddie is not the Def. Coord. but no one twisted his arm to bring Joe Lee Dunn Jr. with him as D. Coord. That was a horrific defensive performance against a one dimensional team with a QB that could not throw a lick from the pocket. He threw one nice ball from the pocket all nite. He wanted to be flushed from the pocket so he could either run or throw from out of the pocket. So Joe Lee Dunn Jr. has them rushing wildly and out of control all nite. MUSH RUSH him you moron and beg him to throw from the pocket.

On Offense Cousin Eddie calls a drop back pass on the 1st play of the 2nd Quarter with it 2nd and 1 on the 3 yard line?????? Franks takes a sack and end up with a FG. Cost your team 4 points. Yes Franks has to throw it away but you can't call that play knowing your QB is a mental moron. Also call a QB sweep on 3rd and 1 and Franks barely got a 1st down. Franks is an okay runner when it is a pass play and he runs on scrambles. Franks is an AWFUL runner on QB design runs. Stop calling those plays.

The offensive line is HORRENDOUS and I mean HORRENDOUS. Can't block anybody consistently. Same names as the past 3 years, same results!

On defense, that was one of the poorest tackling performances I have ever seen. Compared to our Oline, the KY oline looked like an NFL Oline. Our LB's are just plain awful. Sadly we knew our LB's were awful and I just can;t believe that the frosh LB's are any worse than Joseph and Jackson. Play the frosh and let them get trucked. At least they might improve.

So I am not hear to say I told you so as it is just one game, but horrible game management from play calling to 12 men on field out of timeout from not mush rushing the KY QB. all around BS, but in my opinion just a typical Cousin Eddie coached game.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My biggest disappointment is that Mullen coached as if Mac or Chump were here, we went almost the whole game with Franks to Scarlett with no results. Finally Perrine gets in and makes plays, Toney makes plays. We did not spread the ball out to our receivers almost all night. Apart from being gashed by one freaking guy (snell) on Kentucky all night.

If you don't think every other team knows they can run roughshod over us for the rest of the season, its going to be a long season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is why coaches like urban and saban's can get away with murder. You could end on a continuous loop of hiring mediocre losers

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For a staff that preaches relentless effort I didn’t see a lot of want to out there from our guys until late in the fourth. I wish loudmouths like Chauncey could play as good as they talk . Outside of Houston nobody on D was worth a damn tonight

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah because they had the ball for about 13 min in the 3rd quarter.. did you watch the game?
Yeah, that's the sole reason why our offensive output was abysmal. Nothing else. Just that.

Go back to the prediction thread and tell me which number came closest to the collective opinion. That's by no means an endorsement of 303 yards rushing against us, but we are even worse on offense.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Mullen should've benched Franks. Why would you stick with a guy after all that? No fn way he should start next week. It's gotta be trask or jones. Franks has had plenty of chances to show what he can do. He's just not good. Sorry for the kid. His bad decision making is what lost this game. Not the atrocious run defense. That's was the other huge problem though. What takes more blame? Mullen not sitting Franks or the Defense that can't tackle?
You're way off. Its all on the O-Line. Could have had Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the backfield and we still wouldn't have been able to move the ball consistently

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We're gonna be boat raced by most teams on our schedule. It is what it is. At least we're used to it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Missing Davis on the 2 point conversion was absurd , but franks wasn’t the reason we lost this game . It’s almost as if the guys didn’t practice this week .

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
For a staff that preaches relentless effort I didn’t see a lot of want to out there from our guys until late in the fourth. I wish loudmouths like Chauncey could play as good as they talk . Outside of Houston nobody on D was worth a damn tonight
I agree. I liked what I saw from Houston.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Idk what to do guys.... someone please help... we’ve never lost to Kentucky since I’ve been in the world of the living ... I am a lost soul
The world of the living.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
You make a good point here. The only streak left was this one, now the circle is complete. The streak against Vandy was broken, the streak against UT was broken, the opening day win streak was broken, and now this.

Congrats? Foley completed his masterpiece.
No pressure, right?

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're way off. Its all on the O-Line. Could have had Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the backfield and we still wouldn't have been able to move the ball consistently
of course we would lose with those guys in the backfield...do you know how old they are? ..:)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Colarado state beat Arkansas. Getting 4 wins this years gonna be tough

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What channel is the fsu game? I've been booted from the box. Can't find it. Would really enjoy seeing them go down

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Missing Davis on the 2 point conversion was absurd , but franks wasn’t the reason we lost this game . It’s almost as if the guys didn’t practice this week .
It is however a prefect illustration of why I said and what the podcast guys said earlier. Despite all the morons saying "he locks on to his target" about Franks and every other QB, he does the opposite. He tends to LEAVE his primary target too soon and rush through progressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator