Your best guess on where the UF recruiting class will rank

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Things should start to clear up on the 2019 UF football recruiting class ranking by the beginning of September. With the earlier signing times recently instituted, the winningest programs like Bama are pressuring recruits to commit earlier. Recruits will commit earlier to make sure they get a spot. I would not be surprised if some of these pressured recruits change their mind making some of these top recruits available as we approach the first available signing day.

One of the things that affects recruiting I have noticed is the teams W/L record the prior year. With UF going 4-7 last season that does not bode well for the upcoming recruiting class being ranked top 5. If Mullen works his butt off he may be able to get UF to #10. He will need to flip some of the pressured recruits that are currently pledged elsewhere.

If you go to rivals and look at top 100 recruits that are UNDECIDED you will notice UF is on many of their top choice lists. Mullen is flying all over the country hoping a few of these top recruits can be convinced to come to UF in spite of Mac's poor record last season. Mullen's last ditch efforts are getting UF on these top player lists but our record last season will make it hard for UF to be the final choice. I think he will flip just a few of them. You have to start somewhere.

My guess is we end up number 10 as Mullen gets just a few of the many pressured early top commits plus the UNDECIDED national recruits he is flying all over the US to see to flip to UF.

When I expect Mullen's hard work to pay off most is not the 2019 class but the 2020 class. The 2019 class will be able to use UF's planned top tier Football center when they are juniors. The 2020 class will be able to use it when they are sophomores. Mullen's hard work on the 2018 class helped it be a better than normal transition class.

What is your guess at our 2019 ranking?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh good. We get to rehash all the hand-wringing from the other recruiting threads. Law, why don't you sit this one out? We know where you stand. You've made it very clear literally hundreds (perhaps thousands) of times now.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Oh good. We get to rehash all the hand-wringing from the other recruiting threads. Law, why don't you sit this one out? We know where you stand. You've made it very clear literally hundreds (perhaps thousands) of times now.
Can't hurt to have Law put down where he thinks 2019 class will be ranked. Will reflect on his credibility on the recruiting topic in the future.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law, why don't you sit this one out?
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just as difficult predicting the Democratic nominee in 2020. It's a bit early. It may happen and yet it may not.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If the freshmen QB performs average or better and we beat FSU we could get as high as 8th or 10th.....If he struggles and we lose to the Clowns.....again....we'll be lucky to finish in the top 20.

Oh and just in case any of you forgot....I don't think we'll be getting all the good guys.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m thinking 15 +/-. The facility issue is going to be a sticking point. Not so much as we don’t have them, but these kids have to wonder why the baseball stadium isn’t blown up yet. Why new construction on a baseball facility hasn’t happened yet? So on and so on. So it’s not the facilities but the lack of commitment and dedication to getting it done. Even if they don’t consciously think it, they’ll notice it and something will feel off.

The only way we pop the top 10 is with a big season. Recruits will see improvement and that will make the difference to some. A bad season likely gets overlooked because first season, but would slow things some.

July will tell if we’re looking at better than 15 or worse. Until big names start falling to us, no one should even be thinking top 5. We have a much higher probability of not top 20 at this point.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is Mullen using the same bagman he had at Miss St.? That will probably help determine where we finish

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So far it looks like we'll finish around 16. I'm thinking recruiting will pick up a bit but not enough for a top 10 finish. So my answer is 12, which is a disappointing second class.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Eleventy Bazillion.

Not sure that's even a number. So I assume you were referring to 78's post directly above you about the next Democratic nominee. She sounds like she'd take the NE and Cali, but may struggle in the rust belt.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
15-20, I just don't think big names will take UF seriously until Mullen can show something on the field. I've heard how well other new coaches are doing at their respective jobs, but the situation at UF is unique. Mullen, is fighting years of offensive ineptitude. There's been teams with bad offenses, but ours has been consistently unwatchable for nearly a decade. Even teams that have been ranked lower than UF, offensively, don't seem to be so... so... Bad!
I think this program has fallen more than most may care to realize.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the things that affects recruiting I have noticed is the teams W/L record the prior year. With UF going 4-7 last season that does not bode well for the upcoming recruiting class being ranked top 5. If Mullen works his butt off he may be able to get UF to #10. He will need to flip some of the pressured recruits that are currently pledged elsewhere.

That’s a false statement. FSU is stomping us on the trail right now. And they went 7-6.

Meatchicken ranked 4th on Rivals after going 5-7.

You will make up anything.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s virtually impossible to guess where we will end up with any sort of accuracy. It totally depends on the season and whether Mullen decides to bring on some elite recruiters.

Just based on our name (and nothing else) we will be top 20.

A 7 to 8 win season will put us around 15. A 10+ win season will put us around 10.

A revamping of his coaching staff or a revamping of the recruiting and QA structure at a university level (To put us on par or at least close to Bama, Georgia, FSU, Ohio State, meatchicken, Clemson, et.al) Should put us top 7.

I think our team will look better prepared and markedly better on the field under Mullen. But I just don’t think either he or the administration will take the steps necessary to be an elite program. And those steps require getting out of their comfort zone and bringing in elite recruiters and beefing up the football administrative side.

We need to be top 5 to 7 annually to compete for NCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator