'08 Team Netflix (Docudrama)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If they were on campus doing interviews(as the piece said) then I doubt it will be an outlandish hit piece. I would assume UF legal would be involved.

Why not 2006 and 2008. That's the question.

Still think Meyer should be in the ring if honor.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I have to shake my head when I read something that equates Riley Cooper using the “N” word at a concert to the escapades of Aaron Hernandez.
If this is indicative of the documentary, then the gators are going to get completely toasted.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I imagine UF had to give permission and access so I don't know about it being a hit piece. Of course, the elephant(s) in the room are Aaron H. And Urban's more recent problems.
I could see them treating Aaron as a tragic figure.
And they simply ignore anything that happened after 2008.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just because UF gave their permission does NOT mean that it will be either FOR or AGAINST Florida.
Once the camera crew and interviewers get their footage, the story then goes to a room full of left wing nutjobs that all smell of patchouli and bergomot and are confused as to their own pronouns so "her" Billy is talking to "him" Lisa about how to best sensationalize fact into fiction so that it drives interest and page clicks.

Gator Bait.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I still think they have to stick to 2008.
This sets up a "behind the music" type plot.
Hard work in the beginning, massive success, and then always that one obstacle (in our case the MSU game) when hope is lost but then we pull together after a memorable speech to win it all in glorious fashion.
I think that's as much imagination as they have.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I still think they have to stick to 2008.
This sets up a "behind the music" type plot.
Hard work in the beginning, massive success, and then always that one obstacle (in our case the MSU game) when hope is lost but then we pull together after a memorable speech to win it all in glorious fashion.
I think that's as much imagination as they have.
The 2006 season is (Imo) far more interesting.
So many things had to fall in place to get there... Including the 3? blocked kicks against SC. Freshman Tebow and Harvin both play key roles.
No one thought we had a chance against ObooHooo St.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Instinct would say this is a hit piece, but then again, did watch the Netflix special on Manti Te'o and Notre Dame wasn't racked over the coals or anything with how they handled things.

They were more giving the he/"she" dude who catfished Te'o a forum about how this experience was "transformative" for said dude "discovering" he was a woman all along.

My guess is given that UF has granted access and Meyer/Tebow/et al are all involved, that this is probably going to be something more focused on Hernandez's questionable sexuality and what people knew in college. It's Netflix after all and they'll use any excuse to talk about homosexuality.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Instinct would say this is a hit piece, but then again, did watch the Netflix special on Manti Te'o and Notre Dame wasn't racked over the coals or anything with how they handled things.

They were more giving the he/"she" dude who catfished Te'o a forum about how this experience was "transformative" for said dude "discovering" he was a woman all along.

My guess is given that UF has granted access and Meyer/Tebow/et al are all involved, that this is probably going to be something more focused on Hernandez's questionable sexuality and what people knew in college. It's Netflix after all and they'll use any excuse to talk about homosexuality.
So... they're interviewing Ox too?

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016

Yes, but that was nd. The holier than though school. Fvcx nd...always.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I can almost guarantee you that whoever is behind this is somebody who was deeply triggered by Tim Tebow and has never gotten over it.

They have waited all this time for the revelation about the "true Tebow" that would finally expose him as a fraud, but it never came, because he's not a fraud. So they finally gave up and settled for going after Meyer and the rest of the team instead, hoping that at the very least they can paint Tebow as being either guilty by association or a hypocrite for not speaking out about whatever shenanigans they dig up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm proud of "unique " our collection of players were

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics