#1 Duke rallies, beats Gators 87-84

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
day off today but then Sunday at 10:30 PM start for these two east coast schools

We have the weapons but missing Egbunu may finally be felt if super Frosh Bagley gets his way underneath.

Need Egor to show flashes of first four games and Cheeze to stuff Dook Dick de jour Grayson Allen as much as possible.

Great start to season nonetheless.

:chomp::chomp::chomp::chomp::chomp: And 0

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Far too many "*" to start the thread title and none at the end of the title.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Duke is not a deep team playing essentially 7 players in an OT game against UTx. Of course UTx was essentially doing the same thing, so maybe they alter there substitutions against UF.

The same five players have started all six games for them. Three of their five players average 30 minutes a game. The two that play in the mid 20 minutes are their two bigs, who are 6'10" and 6'11" tall and Bagley averages a double double and is less than a rebound from averaging a double double.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Duke favored by 2.5 as of right now. If we are able to keep knocking down shots, feed the hot hand, and not allow so many points down low like we did vs Gonz then we have a chance. We played Duke tough last year but we have a different team so far this year. Should be another great early season test for our guys. 3 games in 4 days so we have to play tough and not be tired. Go Gators!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's hoping a combo of Hayes & Gak can diminish Bagley?? Hell, run in C.Johnson, Stone et al to really bang him around, mean-style with White's permission. One cannot play nice with Duke.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Attack the rim and make their big guy get into foul trouble. Oh wait, we're playing Duke? Forget the foul trouble comment, just shoot a lot of 3's. :lol:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Here's hoping a combo of Hayes & Gak can diminish Bagley?? Hell, run in C.Johnson, Stone et al to really bang him around, mean-style with White's permission. One cannot play nice with Duke.
Bagley is the key, guy is just a beast. "one cannot play nice with Duke" is exactly right

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I hadn't been informed that I was playing the whole team, gonna have to go easy on them. :grin:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Bagley is the key, guy is just a beast. "one cannot play nice with Duke" is exactly right

Actually, I see Carter as the real issue. Bagley will get his, but can UF contain Carter some. Also I can not see Koulechov playing the 4 much in this game when their 4 is 6'10" or 6'11" tall.

Last edited:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
We play Duke tonight at 10:30pm? Isn't it funny how far down this thread was almost near the bottom of the first page? Nobody can ever say we're officially a basketball school. Our fans definitely care way more about football.
We might have the best basketball team in the country.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
The only thing that can take this sour milk taste away, will be victory tonight!

I expect a shootout, if 3Gor is back to making 3’s victory will be ours.

Pretty Please?!?!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll be up for it. Hope it’s as good of a game as the one vs the Zags was! Gotta limit their inside game and we have a good shot at the W

Rod Frazier

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Pumped for this game. Listening to some moody blue and genesis. Drinking some vodka 7up's. Don't know what to think about Mullen, but I know I'm enjoying Mike White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator