10 Years Ago Today: The Beatdown in the Desert

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So what we've learned here is that SQ is the love child of Elvis Presley...who later became a pharmacist.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
So what we've learned here is that SQ is the love child of Elvis Presley...who later became a pharmacist.

Or it could be Loverboy's front man Mike Reno (January 8th - aka Joseph Michael Rynoski).

220px-Mike_Reno_in_Omaha.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I flew to LA to meet some buddies, then drove there with them. Oh.... and my wife was full on prego with my first born. (Born Jan 26th).

The OSU fans were the worst fans I have ever come across. And we were outnumbered 10-1.

I had $800 in my pocket and couldn't score a ticket. Scalpers wanted $1500. But they had a HUGE fan experience outside. Which was, of course, nearly all Gator fans. I would guess 50,000 people. Huge jumbotron, food, and booze.

At halftime, I walked over to the stadium. OSU fans were filing out like ants. Not a single one would sell me there used ticket.

Drove back to LA the next day time just in time to catch my flight home. At the terminal, there was chick wearing an OSU sweatshirt on. I smiled at her and said Go Gators. She replied with "fuq you". It still makes me laugh.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man, will somebody put the breaks on this conveyor belt of life... just flying by. So proud of that pass rush that night.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I flew to LA to meet some buddies, then drove there with them. Oh.... and my wife was full on prego with my first born. (Born Jan 26th).

The OSU fans were the worst fans I have ever come across. And we were outnumbered 10-1.

I had $800 in my pocket and couldn't score a ticket. Scalpers wanted $1500. But they had a HUGE fan experience outside. Which was, of course, nearly all Gator fans. I would guess 50,000 people. Huge jumbotron, food, and booze.

At halftime, I walked over to the stadium. OSU fans were filing out like ants. Not a single one would sell me there used ticket.

Drove back to LA the next day time just in time to catch my flight home. At the terminal, there was chick wearing an OSU sweatshirt on. I smiled at her and said Go Gators. She replied with "fuq you". It still makes me laugh.
I think I've seen you tell this story before, but it's still awesome.

My story isn't as good. We just hosted a huge watch party at our college apartment (complete with the cop who lived downstairs), and I literally handed out every O&B or Gator shirt I had to people who came and rooted for UF. I burned a CD (man that makes it seem like even longer ago) with the fight song and played it on our boom box every time we scored. My Nole brother threw the CD out at halftime, and my other roommate threatened to beat my ass if I didn't stop celebrating. :lol:

I also drank almost an entire case of beer and cried at the end of the game in front of about 20 people. At some point I posed for the picture in the OP and we were singing "Captain Gator, he's a hero, gonna take the Buckeyes down to zero!" :captain:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As I mentioned in an earlier post is was a special night. Not only for winning a NC but just the sheer enjoyment of watching some obnoxious family grovel in agony.

I had taken off the whole day to get ready for the game. We were having new furniture arrive just in time and actually they finished just shortly before the pre-game. But I had taken so much crap from some of my wife's side of the family that are all from Ohio. Ever since the day they announced UF would be in the game it was just no way, you can't bet us, don't belong. On and on and on. Even at Christmas get togethers it was insufferable. I just kept saying we'll see. So now we have furniture moved in, food being cooked, fans arriving, and yes a few cocktails on board. I did even invite some of that family to attend and they showed. The shyt talk was at a pretty good pitch and I had enough of it with some cocktails to go with it. The opening kickoff did not help matters but it was a start of the floodgates of an epic meltdown. UF score, after score, after score followed by sack after sack. With each one my cheering and ripping my Bucknut guests were getting more intense. By the end of the third quarter they were beat down and I wasn't letting up. So one by one they left. I can remember some of them telling my, he sure is brutal about this stuff. She smile at them and simply said, "you shouldn't talk shyt to him, Go Gators!

The Basketball NC, and a Gator Bowl later, even 10 years removed I am still giving them shyt over it. I HATE pOSU and even more today. But I will never forget that night. I took it easy on my wife in '08 and went to south Florida to the game against Oklamhoma.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
OSU fans are insufferable. I work with about 8 of them and damn they are smug. To them Urban walks on water and can do no wrong, and they all hate us with a passion, probably second to michigan. Try to talk to them about it and you would think we won by a field goal as time expired they way they try to remember it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know what you mean. They usually run their pie hole and then I just hit them with, "Troy Smith has just been sacked again". They walk off in disgust.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
At the terminal, there was chick wearing an OSU sweatshirt on. I smiled at her and said Go Gators. She replied with "fuq you". It still makes me laugh.
My ex said the same to a WVU fan at the Peach Bowl in the 80s.........Actually to a whole section of WVU fans............thought I was gonna have to scrap with them..............

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Remember that by Kirk and I also remember his humble pie interview after USC slaughter Michigan and OSU got beat down by us. The post game interview with him was great. He ate humble pie for years to come and the Big 10 was shattered for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.