12 team playoff

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Half of the playoff games are going to be SEC rematches. With the very real possibility of playing the same team 3 times in the season.
This subject always seperates the Gator fans from the casual (IwAnnasEEnOrEFoOtBAll) crowd.
Win the SEC play for the NC. Pretty damn simple.
Oh well, soon it will just be the SEC and Big Splat. Hopefully that will be the NC game every year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know I might be in the minority here but did the BCS ever get it wrong?

Hell I loved the days of just bowl games and let everyone argue for 8 months....that's what college football WAS all about that attracted fans who didn't even give a sh!t about NFL football.....Were getting very close to the point of over saturation if you ask me.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I see another lawsuit from the players in the near future. This’ll bring huge TV contracts and the lawyers will want their share.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Meet your committee members:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
BCS should have never been done away with. It always got it right and made the regular season, conf title games do or die and the other big bowl games very important.

This playoff crap sucks like t's mom.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Hell I loved the days of just bowl games and let everyone argue for 8 months....that's what college football WAS all about that attracted fans who didn't even give a sh!t about NFL football.....Were getting very close to the point of over saturation if you ask me.
Yeah they should have kept BCS. That was fun. And it's still a better system than anything that's came after. The regular season mattered because your championship game mattered and your bowl game mattered.

I just can't stand the whining about from the 3rd team who says they should be second. Or the 17th who says they should be 16th. Too fcukin bad.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

No, Crete....they did not. We never should have gone away from that format.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Sad, sad day. Saw an article that went back to 2014 and laid out how a 12 playoff would have worked. Lots of 2 and 3 loss teams. Some years had as many as four 3 loss teams in the playoff. College football as we know it died today all so we can see the Cincy’s , Houston’s and NC State’s of the world get blown out by the Bama’s, Clemson’s and Ohio State’s. To top it off, Bama can now coast through the regular season and rest players as they will easily get in with 2 losses. This completely takes all the juice out of the greatest regular season in sports.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of you forget that these young men are still trying to get to the league. They aren't just going to all of a sudden quit playing hard.
They are still going to play to win the game :lol:
herm GIF

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Sad, sad day. Saw an article that went back to 2014 and laid out how a 12 playoff would have worked. Lots of 2 and 3 loss teams. Some years had as many as four 3 loss teams in the playoff. College football as we know it died today all so we can see the Cincy’s , Houston’s and NC State’s of the world get blown out by the Bama’s, Clemson’s and Ohio State’s. To top it off, Bama can now coast through the regular season and rest players as they will easily get in with 2 losses. This completely takes all the juice out of the greatest regular season in sports.
They'll get a first round bye with two losses and probably still get in with four.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I think some of you forget that these young men are still trying to get to the league. They aren't just going to all of a sudden quit playing hard.
herm GIF
All except the best, who'll dial it back a notch or 5. Something that used to be part of being a man has been lost forever.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
herm GIF
I see your point but take UF as a great example....say we are 11-0 going into the last game with FSU...Wouldn't an extended playoff format make that a useless game? Do you want to see games like this become meaningless? It's always worked itself out in the past and even in the few cases where there COULD have been an argument just make CFB more fun...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see your point but take UF as a great example....say we are 11-0 going into the last game with FSU...Wouldn't an extended playoff format make that a useless game? Do you want to see games like this become meaningless? It's always worked itself out in the past and even in the few cases where there COULD have been an argument just make CFB more fun...
Do you really think an in-state rivalry game would become reduced because of a playoff? The hate for each other is just going to go away?
Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator