Will Grier, the legend

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Grier played well, but Sas is right. He got his yardage because he's in an offense that allows him to throw the damn ball. Our starting QB (Franks) got to throw the ball all of 9 times because our coaches suck and would rather run into a brick wall over and over and over again than dare trust a QB enough to give him half a chance to win the damn game.

Feleipe Franks, QB FLA 5 9 55.6 75 8.3 34 0 0 1 125.6

He wasn't terrible at all. Our coaches just suck!
When I get back on my computer you're getting a like. :fistbump:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly don't dislike Franks. I think he's got great upside with all those physical skills, and I'm glad we've got him, esp now. But compared to Grier? Nada. Not on the same level. Just watch film of each player in the pocket and use film of Grier from 2015 if you have to. Much different reaction.

He was tripped up twice by his own linemen. He also had a fantastic scramble for a first down. He played extremely well considering the pressure he was getting and total lack of any kind of running game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My complimentary play of Grier didn't mean I was bashing Franks. He had no business getting benched.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
All I know is that Grier is talented to the point to where Mac should have kissed his ass (and his father's) if that's what it took to keep him on. He certainly doesn't mind giving Callaway one hell of a long rope.
:faint:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
To me, it's nearly impossible to separate the Grier love from the Mac hate here. I'm an equal opportunity punisher. Come down hard on all these knuckleheads.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
How do you feel about Driskel? Treon? Muschamp? Zook? All Gators once. And come on, man, it's WVU.
There is and has been a/multiple threads on this board (or GS) for each person you mention above discussing their career after they left Florida. In fact:

Treon Harris leads new team to upset win (Started Friday morning)
https://gatorchatter.com/threads/treon-harris-leads-new-team-to-upset-win.16534/#post-565705

The major difference is that Grier is no question a talented QB and the pivotal decision to let him walk has and will most likely lead to Mac's demise. And for someone who seems to care so little about the subject and is too busy watch football because of a holiday weekend, you've managed to contribute 30 posts to this thread.

Last edited:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ladies, Ladies! There's enough of Will Grier's beautiful, glistening, future Heisman trophy winning man-meat to go around for all of you. Please calm yourselves down and get in line.

This reminds me an awful lot of the love sid, DC etc., were giving Cam Newton. Suddenly everyone who was "down" with the guy couldn't miss an Auburn game each week.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not. Grier screwed the pooch. Screwed UF. And then screwed us again by transferring when he knew we had nobody else worth a damn. Screw him.
Trust me when I tell you Mac pushed WG out the door, he wanted to come back after his suspension and Mac wouldn't let him plain and simple....The truth was posted in a thread the other day and was told to me by a very trustworthy source.....It's all Macs fault and now he's got to live with it.......

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me when I tell you Mac pushed WG out the door, he wanted to come back after his suspension and Mac wouldn't let him plain and simple....The truth was posted in a thread the other day and was told to me by a very trustworthy source.....It's all Macs fault and now he's got to live with it.......

Oh yes, I'm sure his attitude, his father's attitude, and how they handled things on twitter had absolutely nothing to do with how things transpired.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
My friend, I could not possibly care less if WVU went 0-12. I'm not a WVU fan, I just like Grier and enjoy watching him play. Nothing more, nothing less. He made a mistake here, but should have been given another chance like everyone else on the damn team who screws up. It sucks.
Bingo!!!! Mac gives everyone else a second chance.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bingo!!!! Mac gives everyone else a second chance.

None of us know how many chances this knuckle head had already been given. None of us. He was roommates with our coke head kicker. Do you honestly believe there was no separation between he and Treon in 2015 when he refused to name a starter? Why do you think maybe he didn't want to name Grier the starter? Perhaps there was stuff going on in the background none of us was privy to? Yeah, I'm just not sold that Mac kicked Grier to the curb for no good reason. There was more to the story that we don't know. And we'll never know because Grier will always tell his side of the story and Mac will always tell his side of the story. We'll never know the whole truth. People need to stop acting like they know everything that went down.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
None of us know how many chances this knuckle head had already been given. None of us. He was roommates with our coke head kicker. Do you honestly believe there was no separation between he and Treon in 2015 when he refused to name a starter? Why do you think maybe he didn't want to name Grier the starter? Perhaps there was stuff going on in the background none of us was privy to? Yeah, I'm just not sold that Mac kicked Grier to the curb for no good reason. There was more to the story that we don't know. And we'll never know because Grier will always tell his side of the story and Mac will always tell his side of the story. We'll never know the whole truth. People need to stop acting like they know everything that went down.
So what? You don't let talent like him get away...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is going to try and run that score up big time against N Colorado thinking it will quiet things down for a week so I look for Franks to have a bunch of yards until we crash again playing Tenn.
Try is the key word. He's not capable of running up the score on a Pee Wee team.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Right next to my Urban Meyer shrine?

Keep in mind that the primary reason I still admire Meyer and Grier is that they were GATORS once. That does matter to me, no matter how poor of a fan you think I am. You think I would give a crap about Grier if UWV had recruited him?
What about akelvin Taylor?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is no longer here because he failed an NCAA drug test for PEDs. Not because of anything else. If he isn't the only dumb m'fer we've ever had to fail that test, then he's still here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator