19 days to spring camp opens up

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hearing Morrison won't be ready for spring practice. Won't hurt that much as it will allow more reps for those trying to crack the lineup. And let Mac evaluate and try new bodies ( safety, TE, position change).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
CaribGator;n184027 said:
And let Mac evaluate and try new bodies ( safety, TE, position change).
I'm almost thinking there won't be another choice in the matter. Rolin, Anzalone, Davis have all had prior injury problems so I'm not to sure how hard I'd want to push them in spring.

K

ken2k

Founding Member
Founding Member
N
LagoonGator68;n183475 said:
Hopefully ALL practices will be open to the fans.
LagoonGator68;n183475 said:
Hopefully ALL practices will be open to the fans.
Its already been announced practices will be closed

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Be glad when it starts. Ready to hear something new and to look forward to.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ken2k;n185165 said:
N

Its already been announced practices will be closed

That sucks. I guess McElwain is taking the Saban approach so many coaches take now.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I totally get it, and am fine with closed practices. Establishing relationships, breaking bad habits or old mindsets while trying to instill new systems = some yelling and screaming will occur, some kids will have a hard time adjusting and may look foolish or get embarrassed. There's a lot to be done behind closed doors before anyone in the program, player or coach, would want the public looking in over their shoulder. I'm fine with it, but hope those involved are aligned enough to open up practices in the fall a bit to generate some buzz about positive changes. And if they aren't, we'll be hoping with each new game that JMac will unleash the new beast and make us all happy again. Four years of waiting for hope to arrive and continually being disappointed, I can afford to give JMac some privacy to straighten things out.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the need to have the spring practice closed. As pointed out by TLB, he'll need to do some screaming to break the habits from the ****vp that preceded him AND implement his system. The bright side of the closed practices will be (hopefully) a nice surprise during the O&B game of how the offense moves the ball. Will he be letting people like Goldkamp in?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I can't wait for spring ball. It is so refreshing to know we have a competent coaching staff where the offense is concerned.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I would have such a belly jiggling laugh if he let some media in and barred Dooley. Golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.