H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bud Kilmer , ladies and gentlemen.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Great thread BM. Very interesting comments about teaching the game - I played HS ball in the mid 80's and my experience was similar; a lot of yelling, very little teaching. I played DB mostly and didn't know WTF a "cover 2" was until about the 3rd game of my sophomore season! :D

I'm retiring from the military in less than two years and plan to move to the Tampa area. I'm trying to get a job lined up w/ CENTCOM, but if that falls through I'm considering becoming a HS teacher and coaching football (if I can get a job doing it).

Good luck in retirement. I am in the USAR currently and just rolled 29 years. Looking forward to it myself. Have another 2.5 years since I just go promoted.

I like to do chalkboard drills, similar to a sand table drill you will do in the military. Draw it out, go over it, teach WHY you are doing what you are doing, then hit the field and walk thru it, then go full speed. When a player knows WHY he is doing something, he usually doesn't forget to do it. IMO, you never waste time on the chalkboard.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Congrats, take some time off and enjoy this one Bushmaster, let the smoke clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator