#2 NIT seed

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Without knowing, how they playing lately? Unfortunately the eye test and what have u done for me lately is important. But there's hope, until there isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The committee has said they emphasis SOS a lot and have put way less importance on how teams end vs the whole season. Michigan had a 210 conconference SOS. If you compare the 2 teams Florida is hands down better imo. If we had their schedule we only have 6-7 losses...if they had ours I'd say they lose 18 minimum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The committee has said they emphasis SOS a lot and have put way less importance on how teams end vs the whole season. Michigan had a 210 conconference SOS. If you compare the 2 teams Florida is hands down better imo. If we had their schedule we only have 6-7 losses...if they had ours I'd say they lose 18 minimum

Alway hope, but with this team any schedule would prove difficult , not consistent enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't agree. Our resume is better than the teams that are "in" now. I think there is still a slim chance we get in. I think SOS is a bigger factor than the bracketology guys let it be

There is a zero chance we get in. Michigan beat IU and that was our spot if there even was one. NIT bound. Some will call this season a success. He took Billy's kids and got way more wins with them. We are trending upward!!!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
There is a zero chance we get in. Michigan beat IU and that was our spot if there even was one. NIT bound. Some will call this season a success. He took Billy's kids and got way more wins with them. We are trending upward!!!!
Michigan is a joke...210 Non conf SOS. They should be punished for that

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan is a joke...210 Non conf SOS. They should be punished for that

They might not make it I guess...but we're definitely not making it.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If NIT bound will the O'Dome renovations be delayed to host a game?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This freaking sucks that we will be back in the NIT. Maybe we can use it as a learning experience for next year.

I am happy to see Hill step up, let's hope he has turned the corner.

Chiozza on the other hand....yikes. He is getting worse.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Cheese needs to sit. Hill was great the last 2 games. I am going to put a positive swing on it. Post season = more practice time and more time for White to hopefully get better. And it is better than last year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Cheese needs to sit. Hill was great the last 2 games. I am going to put a positive swing on it. Post season = more practice time and more time for White to hopefully get better. And it is better than last year.

Let's hope.

Looking towards next year, we need to hope BFR finds his stroke, Hill and Robinson take the next step, Chiozza & Walker transfer, Rimmer quits basketball, Hayes adds a lot of strength and post moves, and Keith Stone is smooth as the real Keith Stone.

Not too much to ask, right?

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Let's hope.

Looking towards next year, we need to hope BFR finds his stroke, Hill and Robinson take the next step, Chiozza & Walker transfer, Rimmer quits basketball, Hayes adds a lot of strength and post moves, and Keith Stone is smooth as the real Keith Stone.

Not too much to ask, right?

That's all legit. If Hill can play like that, we'd be sitting in the big dance right now. I still think Hill's skill set is perfect for White's system. I bet Hayes, puts on 25 pounds in the off season no problem. I hope Hester can contribute.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that is what is really depressing. There's not much help on the way. I think this is an NIT team next year as well. White will need to recruit his ass off.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I guess that is what is really depressing. There's not much help on the way. I think this is an NIT team next year as well. White will need to recruit his ass off.

We lose DFS, which will hurt. But if Hill can play like he did or at best 75% of what he did the last 2 games we will be much better.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Misses tourney next year and I may be leaning towards looking elsewhere. Too soon?

I want to give him a fair shot, but like you said, recruiting is a little scary.

I will be rooting for him to succeed though, no doubt about that.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Misses tourney next year and I may be leaning towards looking elsewhere. Too soon?

I want to give him a fair shot, but like you said, recruiting is a little scary.

I will be rooting for him to succeed though, no doubt about that.
It will depend what the offseason looks like. I've heard we may lose an additional 3ish players and Murphy even though he has gotten a 6th year might not continue. So what can we add...grad teansfers, a shooter or two that hasn't committed...get a kid to reclassify. We will see.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It will depend what the offseason looks like. I've heard we may lose an additional 3ish players and Murphy even though he has gotten a 6th year might not continue. So what can we add...grad teansfers, a shooter or two that hasn't committed...get a kid to reclassify. We will see.

DFS, Murphy and who else would we lose?

We have a core of Egbunu, Allen and Robinson. Who else can step up?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
DFS, Murphy and who else would we lose?

We have a core of Egbunu, Allen and Robinson. Who else can step up?
I fully expect Walker to transfer, there have been rumblings that Egbunu is considering leaving early (doubt he does though), and Chiozza and BFR may consider transferring (I don't see this as well). I personally think Leon should transfer to a mid major but that's just my opinion. If one or a couple happen we get a few more spaces free

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.