32.8 KB · Views: 32

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n183897 said:
VH3 and Tabor at the corners.

That right there means they could be the best secondary in the nation.

I think Neal is a lock at safety. Harris will the the other safety unless he gains weight and plays LB. If that happens, then Dawson, Poole, or Maye could be the starter at the other safety position. There's a lot of depth at DB with Jackson, Wilson, and Washington ready to play. This is another reason why I think they may move Harris to LB and are toying with the idea of moving Jackson to offense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is by far the strongest unit on the team. The corners are going to be ridiculous and the safeties should be very good. Dawson came on late in the year as well and could end up starting in nikel packages.

If we can generate a decent pass rush (which we should be able to do) then it should be very difficult for team's to pass on us.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n183927 said:
That right there means they could be the best secondary in the nation.

I think Neal is a lock at safety. Harris will the the other safety unless he gains weight and plays LB. If that happens, then Dawson, Poole, or Maye could be the starter at the other safety position. There's a lot of depth at DB with Jackson, Wilson, and Washington ready to play. This is another reason why I think they may move Harris to LB and are toying with the idea of moving Jackson to offense.

I like Neal, but think he could be good at LB along with Harris (apparently Collin's D has a hybrid player that is a big safety/quick OLB - these two would be perfect for that spot). We're stacked at Safety as you mention above and both Poole and Maye have a lot of experience and Dawson maybe be better than both. Plus Washington and even Wilson could step in and play the position as well. Jackson to the offense seems inevitable.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
all the same guys as last year, since they are all coming back

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Was also very impressed with the way Quincey Wilson played late last year. He should be our nickel over Poole all day long and I believe he could end up being better than Tabor. Maye seemed to improve a little last year but he still has a way to go before being granted starter status. I still believe Nick Washington will be a very good safety/nickel if given a chance.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n184041 said:
Was also very impressed with the way Quincey Wilson played late last year. He should be our nickel over Poole all day long and I believe he could end up being better than Tabor. Maye seemed to improve a little last year but he still has a way to go before being granted starter status. I still believe Nick Washington will be a very good safety/nickel if given a chance.

Wasn't he the starter last year?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n184082 said:
Wasn't he the starter last year?

He started some games. My point is that he improved somewhat last year but I'm not that sure he's the best that we got. I'd like to see Dawson, Washington and Harris, if he remains at safety get a fair shot without just basing it off of tenure.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
VH3, Tabor and Wilson may be the best 3 corners in D1 singularly as well as a group.
I hope to see more solid play at safety from Dawson, Maye and Neal. For an example of the type of safety play I hope for, click the link below and view the safety play by which all Gator safety plays are measured.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yuG3uM0RwLA

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Vh 3 and tabor at corner. Neal and Dawson at safety. Wilson at the nickel. Poole at the dime.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Starting corners are no brainers, VHIII & Tabor, Neal for sure one of the safeties, the other is open, I would start Wilson at the nickel. The 2 deep here is pretty good if we have an injury. Enough talent that can play various spots that there won"t be a drop off if someone goes down.

I think with finally having more of a pass rush that we will see more INT's These guys know how to get the pick.

I'm not sold on Poole, to me he was hot and cold, some plays he looked All SEC, other plays he looked like a true freshman.As the only senior he does have the experience and has played multiple positions, I could see him being the 2 deep guy for CB & in on the dime

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n183916 said:
I am a fan of Neal.
Me, too, as long as he is not in pass coverage. Then I become not a fan of Neal.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n184261 said:
Vh 3 and tabor at corner. Neal and Dawson at safety. Wilson at the nickel. Poole at the dime.

Solid. If Maye keeps improving this year he will be hard to keep off the field. I'd really like to see Washington at least get some reps in there also. He was a very good CB in HS and hits like a freight train for his size.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Albert;n184254 said:
VH3, Tabor and Wilson may be the best 3 corners in D1 singularly as well as a group
It would be hard to argue with this. We have guys who have switched to safety like Dawson and Washington who would be starters almost anywhere else at CB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, what is your relationship with Washington? I've never seen a third stringer get pimped so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator