2016 UF schedule predictions.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Our thugs won titles too. There's a common denominator in there somewhere.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gentlemen, That time of year. What are your 2016 Gator Game predictions? I am thinking 9 and 3.... possibly 10 and 2. What say U???
Why is it that time of year? We haven't even played the spring game yet and still have half of our signing class still in high school. The time for predictions is in August

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still around buddy just been really busy lately, but don't think you will slip away and not be owning up.
:bwahaha:
You're gonna lose bro. You're going to have to post more during those three months though following your loss.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
:bwahaha:
You're gonna lose bro. You're going to have to post more during those three months though following your loss.
Not a problem buddy and if I do lose I'll be a happy man cause its win win for me. If I win I get to humiliate you (no hard feelings though just clean fun) and if I lose my team won more games than I thought they would and I don't get humiliated easily so it's a wash to me

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a problem buddy and if I do lose I'll be a happy man cause its win win for me. If I win I get to humiliate you (no hard feelings though just clean fun) and if I lose my team won more games than I thought they would and I don't get humiliated easily so it's a wash to me
Oh, the boys and I are gonna make it good.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What are you a chicken bleep? Those games are embarrassing and you f ing know it.
Depends on what you find embarrassing. With the exception of the years we've played Miami, our OOC schedule has been 3 awful teams plus FSU for as long as the schedule has been 12 games. Somehow we still end up with one of the highest strengths of schedule every year. Maybe it has to do with the fact that all of the power conference teams do the same thing. A lot of them do it with all 4 OOC games.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Reply: Well, we never needed attendance records to win FIVE (5) NC's. When is the last time attendance won a game? If that were true, UF would win every game every year. Kudos to you for your attendance records. Any attendance trophies in your trophy case? You do realize that Miami has roughly about 1/5th the number of undergrads vs. UF and most are from out of state and even out of the country. We are located in a large city with pro football, basketball, NASCAR, South Beach, etc. etc. It is what it is. I was born in Gainesville and if UF closed down, the town would die. Both are excellent academic universities. Miami is private and ultra expensive and UF a state school located in a typical college town

Our ticket sales/inquiries have soared since Richt was hired. I have no idea what our attendance will be this year, nor the number of yards/points our defense will give up but I can assure you one will definitely go up and the other definitely down. We now have a well seasoned/experienced OL and solid QB so maybe we can just outscore the opponent..It is my hope that both of our teams will beat that team to the west this year.

Relax Daytona. I like you. We need more rivals like you around here...but teasing rivals is what we do on message boards. You tease us about our schedule, we tease you about attendance. But enough teasing. Let's get serious.

Next year looks to be the weakest schedule we've had in my memory but we still have FSU, LSU, Tennessee and Georgia on there, and if we do well, we'll get a national title contender in the SEC Championship Game. That's tougher than most non-SEC schedules out there.

Year in and year out, we play one of the toughest schedules in the country. When we won 2 of our 3 MNCs, we played the toughest schedule in the country, and for the 3rd we played the 2nd toughest schedule in the country.

You never played the toughest schedule in the country and won an MNC. Look at your last MNC in 2001, a team many 'Cane fans want to anoint as the best ever. You only played 4 ranked teams, and didn't play anybody ranked higher than 12th, until you beat a bad Nebraska team that didn't deserve to be in the game (if you recall, they got trounced by Colorado 62-36 in their last game of the season).

Even conceding that this is the weakest UF schedule in memory, we still have nothing to apologize for. You guys play FSU and Notre Dame this year. We play FSU and LSU. That's a wash. After that, we still have Georgia and Tennessee which are better than anybody on your schedule.

Typically, we have started the season with 2 warm-up games, like UCF, Southern Miss, LA Tech, Northern Illinois, New Mexico State, FAU, etc. That let us get our feet wet and get the offseason suspensions out of the way. Then we launched into the always brutal SEC schedule with Tennessee. By the time we were done with Georgia and LSU and our rotating west opponent (Bama, Auburn, etc.) we were pretty well beat up and didn't have a bye week left (we try to get that the week before Georgia). And we had FSU and the SEC Championship game looming. So we usually scheduled a cupcake for the week before FSU to get some rest and heal up some injuries. Sometimes this would be a I-AA team like Furman or Appy State, but every once in a while it was a team like Louisville. That schedule was pretty standard from the time Spurrier arrived. Of our 4 out of conference games, one was FSU, one was decent (including you guys at least 4 times), and two were cupcakes. It's recently changed.

This year, our out of conference schedule is FSU and 3 cupcakes. Your out of conference schedule is Notre Dame and 3 cupcakes. But again, our conference schedule is tougher.

Next year we will have FSU, Michigan, and two cupcakes, plus our conference games. That's pretty brutal. So I'm not complaining about our schedule.

And I never give props to FSU but I will this year. Their out of conference is one cupcake, South Florida, Ole Miss, and us. That's not bad.

As for attendance, yes, I know Miami is a small, private school but it is in the middle of a large, urban area. There are 5 million people that live in the Miami metro area. Attendance at Miami games is embarrassing. I think Georgia Tech and Miami have similar enrollments and both play ACC schedules. Tech is in Atlanta, a fun big city with lots of pro teams (and lots of non-Tech alumni and fans). If Georgia Tech can put 50K in the stands, Miami should too.

Alex.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm feeling like 10-2 is attainable. UF will beat LSU this year in the Swamp.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That schedule was pretty standard from the time Spurrier arrived
The regular season was only 11 games when SOS was here, so we only had 3 OOC games except in 90 and 91 when there were only 7 SEC games.

With that 11 game regular season schedule SOS never won fewer than 9 (including post season), which is why I believe the new minimum should be 10 now that we add a 1-AA every year.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If Georgia Tech can put 50K in the stands, Miami should too.

Alex.

No they can't. Georgia Tech plays in one of the most storied venues in college football on campus --- Bobby Dodd Stadium at historic Grant Field. Miami plays a good bus ride away in a mall parking lot called Sun Life which sounds like a Del Webb Retirement Complex.

Georgia Tech is in the South. Miami is in the Caribbean. Soccer maybe?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SOS never won fewer than 9 (including post season), which is why I believe the new minimum should be 10 now that we add a 1-AA every year.
Yeah, people spout off the old "10 win" standard now like it is still as valid as it was in the 1980s. Hell, 10 wins today is like 8 wins then. It may be even less now that you have 3 cupcakes and of course 3 or more SEC cupcake/disasters (Vandy, Kintucky, Tinerc and now Mizzu) every year.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
No they can't. Georgia Tech plays in one of the most storied venues in college football on campus --- historic Grant Field. Miami plays a good bus ride away in a mall parking lot called Sun Life which sounds like a Del Webb Retirement Complex.

Georgia Tech is in the South. Miami is in the Caribbean. Soccer maybe?

Reply: Joe, thank goodness, at least you understand.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Boone is actually a great place to go see a game. The Rock will be alive for that one. scUM will lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator