2016 UF schedule predictions.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know schedules are made in advance, but you have 5 teams that you can put your scrubs in....Presb., Mass., Ky, N. Tx., Vandy. It seems like this would greatly affect your SOS. I know Vandy & Ky are in your conf.

I've got a GREAT idea for a prop bet!

What's higher? The total points given up by the Miami defense in all games this season, or the total number of Miami fans who show up for the Senior Day home game against conference rival Duke? That's actual Miami fans in the stands. I'm not counting Duke fans or the band or press corps or the Dolphin fans that show up the next day.

I'll give you a tip...Miami D gave up over 360 points last season. :lmao2:

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg

Alex.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Our OOC schedule is disgusting. Umass? Presbysomething? A Directional school(oh ****)?

It is embarrassing actually.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our OOC schedule is disgusting. Umass? Presbysomething? A Directional school(oh ****)?

That was my first thought after looking at it. Man, we better win 10 games this year.
DaytonaCane caught that as well. However, Miami starts the year with Florida A&M, FAU and Appy State, then the ACC gauntlet awaits.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, let's add some Giants to our OOC schedule to already go with the SEC schedule, that way when we lose some OOC you can b!tch some more :lmao:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we do start 2017 off with Michigan at TX stadium. Payback game, baby!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was my first thought after looking at it. Man, we better win 10 games this year.
DaytonaCane caught that as well. However, Miami starts the year with Florida A&M, FAU and Appy State, then the ACC gauntlet awaits.

Our OOC is pretty bad. I would like to bag on them about FAU. But last year gave me no room to do that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's higher? The total points given up by the Miami defense in all games this season, or the total number of Miami fans who show up for the Senior Day home game against conference rival Duke? That's actual Miami fans in the stands. I'm not counting Duke fans or the band or press corps or the Dolphin fans that show up the next day.

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg

Alex.

... like said: to fill UM's stadium all they need is door prize drawings for some Weedeaters & a Dixie Chopper.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
My way of looking that this is UF has better talent and should beat

1. UMass
2. UK
3. UNT
4. @Vandy
5. UMo
6. @UAR
7. @SoCar
8. Presbyterian

UF has equal talent with:

9. @UTn
10. LSU
11. UGa in Jax
12. @FSU

So UF should win the 8 in the first category. UF should win at least 1 in of the second 4 and maybe 2. That means 9-3 is probably the worst acceptable record at UF again this season. I think UF probably goes 10-2 losing at UTn and at FSU. UGa may or may not get tough with Smart, but this is a transition year and they will not be ready for his style yet.

Jun 2, 2015

GatorBart, I don't like ours either. Don't mind 2 patsies, but don't want 3 or more on the schedule although Appy State is pretty respectable. Our other OOC game is ND. FAU played some good ball last year, losing some games by just a few points and, as I recall, they nearly beat UF. Can't ever tell the mind-set of the players when they play a team they are definitely supposed to beat -sometimes they get shocked like Appy State shocked Michigan.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart, I don't like ours either. Don't mind 2 patsies, but don't want 3 or more on the schedule although Appy State is pretty respectible. Our other OOC game is ND. FAU played some good ball last year, losing some games by just a few points and, as I recall, they nearly beat UF. Can't ever tell the mind-set of the players when they play a team they are definitely supposed to beat -sometimes they get shocked like Appy State shocked Michigan.
Sorry I missed ND and I agree Appy State is a solid team, and I see y'all go to Boone to play that one.
Let 's forget about that FAU game, shall we?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I bet you thought we'd beat 3-9 Florida Atlantic in regulation last year too....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, let's add some Giants to our OOC schedule to already go with the SEC schedule, that way when we lose some OOC you can b!tch some more :lmao:

What are you a chicken bleep? Those games are embarrassing and you f ing know it.

And there's no way we have equal talent as FSU. That's a homer suggestion.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how some of you are predicting us to lose to Tennessee. We beat them, it's what we do.

Jun 2, 2015

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg

Alex.

Reply: Well, we never needed attendance records to win FIVE (5) NC's. When is the last time attendance won a game? If that were true, UF would win every game every year. Kudos to you for your attendance records. Any attendance trophies in your trophy case? You do realize that Miami has roughly about 1/5th the number of undergrads vs. UF and most are from out of state and even out of the country. We are located in a large city with pro football, basketball, NASCAR, South Beach, etc. etc. It is what it is. I was born in Gainesville and if UF closed down, the town would die. Both are excellent academic universities. Miami is private and ultra expensive and UF a state school located in a typical college town

Our ticket sales/inquiries have soared since Richt was hired. I have no idea what our attendance will be this year, nor the number of yards/points our defense will give up but I can assure you one will definitely go up and the other definitely down. We now have a well seasoned/experienced OL and solid QB so maybe we can just outscore the opponent..It is my hope that both of our teams will beat that team to the west this year.

Last edited:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Reply: Well, we never needed attendance records to win FIVE (5) NC's. When is the last time attendance won a game? If that were true, UF would win every game every year. Kudos to you for your attendance records. Any attendance trophies in your trophy case? You do realize that Miami has roughly about 1/5th the number of undergrads vs. UF and most are from out of state and even out of the country. We are located in a large city with pro football, basketball, NASCAR, South Beach, etc. etc. It is what it is. I was born in Gainesville and if UF closed down, the town would die. Both are excellent academic universities. Miami is private and ultra expensive UF state school locaed in a typical college town

Our ticket sales/inquiries have soared since Richt was hired. I have no idea what our attendance will be this year, nor the number of yards/points our defense will give up but I can assure you one will definitely go up and the other definitely down. We now have a well seasoned/experienced OL and solid QB so maybe we can just outscore the opponent..It is my hope that both of our teams will beat that team to the west this year.

Kudos to Daytonacane...that was about the least obnoxious defensive response from a 'cane fan that I've read in a long time.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It's impossible for me to guess without seeing LDR or Appleby. I can see us going 6-5. I can also see us going 10-2.

Jun 2, 2015
I wonder how the Canes will handle playing in front of a much larger crowd than that which they are accustomed.

Reply: Now Law, you know we leave the SE and play some of the big boys on the road such as Michigan, Tx, TN, LSU, so we have a little experience with a few people in the stands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.