2017 OL Class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This position is stocked in Florida this year. There can be no swings and misses. We knew from the get-go that this position was going to be a problem in the 2016 class. We are already off to a roaring start and we lead for some big kids.

Wide receiver looks to be excellent as well. And of course we're bringing and Jake Allen at QB.

I am EXTREMELY concerned with defensive line and linebacker just like 2016.

DB will be stellar if we can flip Shaun Wade.

Committed:

Kelvin Telfort, 4* OT - 6'6, 323

Has us in Top 2:

Kai Leon- Herbert, 4* OT - 6'5, 275 (247 has a more recent weight update)

Calvin Ashley, 5* OT - 6'8, 311 (Barn commit)

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This position is stocked in Florida this year. There can be no swings and misses. We knew from the get-go that this position was going to be a problem in the 2016 class. We are already off to a roaring start and we lead for some big kids.

Wide receiver looks to be excellent as well. And of course we're bringing and Jake Allen at QB.

I am EXTREMELY concerned with defensive line and linebacker just like 2016.

DB will be stellar if we can flip Shaun Wade.

Committed:

Kelvin Telfort, 4* OT - 6'6, 323

Has us in Top 2:

Kai Leon- Herbert, 4* OT - 6'5, 275 (247 has a more recent weight update)

Calvin Ashley, 5* OT - 6'8, 311 (Barn commit)

Just saw this morning that we now lead for Kai Leon-Hebert

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is good to see us getting attention, but it is way early. So much changes with these guys once they start to see the team play. We really need to have a good season and show the ability to score offensively.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agree completely on going after the Florida kids....and why not? We are THE University of Florida. Makes sense doesn't it?

Then I see on other sites that we're recruiting OLs from North Carolina and Minnesota. Sure, let's go after some good out of state prospects...but doesn't it make more sense to land the top kids from our own state?

Here's a NC kid (this one makes sense): http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...orida-gators-help-their-chances-with-douglas/

Offensive lineman Eric Douglas (6-4, 275, Charlotte, NC Mallard Creek) was one of several big name prospects to visit the Florida Gators on Saturday.

Douglas picked up a Florida offer in January and he made his first trip to Gainesville on Saturday, where he got to meet everyone.

“The visit went great,” Douglas said. “It was my first time down there to Gainesville and I got to meet the coaches. I got to tour the campus, got a good feel for how the coaches treat the players. I got to see the academic side of things and see that they were ranked real high.”

McElwain and the rest of the coaching staff had a friendly reminder for Douglas about former Gators lineman D.J. Humphries being from Mallard Creek.

------------

Here's a kid from Minnesota (this one is a head scratcher - i.e. why waste time recruiting a kid from Minnesota?): http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/andries-a-new-name-on-the-florida-gators-recruiting-board/

Last week the Gators went way up north to offer offensive lineman Blaise Andries (6-6, 290, Marshall, MN Marshall) after he spoke to offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier.

“I’ve been talking to Florida for the last couple of weeks and they’ve been filling me in on Florida the whole way,” Andries said. “Thursday was the first time that I actually spoke to Coach Nussmeier and that’s when he offered me the scholarship to Florida.”

Florida isn’t the only school after Andries, as several other big name schools are after the Minnesota big man.

“Florida, Oklahoma, Virginia, Oregon, Michigan State and Minnesota are schools that I’m talking too,” Andries said.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is good to see us getting attention, but it is way early. So much changes with these guys once they start to see the team play. We really need to have a good season and show the ability to score offensively.

The biggest problem that we had was that we were not in front early in the year. That put us behind all year. I'm glad we are in front for a change.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Roaring start?

You-Shut-Your-Mouth-When-Youre-Talking-to-Me.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember John Brown, the 5* DT from Greensboro?....waste of time.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember John Brown, the 5* DT from Greensboro?....waste of time.

He was on campus for about two years but he couldn't read.

Who was that 5* DE that that Meyer brought on who punched his girlfriend after being on campus for about two days and was kicked off the team?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care where they come from, just get them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was on campus for about two years but he couldn't read.

Who was that 5* DE that that Meyer brought on who punched his girlfriend after being on campus for about two days and was kicked off the team?
Gary Brown I think

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody with offers from bama, clemson, fsu, barn, ole piss, LSU and Ohio state is a waste of time for us.
Yes, we need to stick in the FAU/FIU zone. Even UCF has been a push lately.

Gary Brown I think
:headslap:Obviously the problem is we just shouldn't recruit anyone named BROWN. Duhhhhhhh... how hard is that?

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes, we need to stick in the FAU/FIU zone. Even UCF has been a push lately.

You guys are descending into a dark place. Even if you are correct, I don't see how it helps anything. I may be wrong, but my memory of what started the other board on a downward spiral was an arrogant group that espoused a negative viewpoint and bullied everyone who disagreed. Is that not correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator