Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We don't have anything close to the staff's recruiting ability at 7 of those schools (Auburn close, LSU maybe close). Gotta make upgrades like you said (looking at you English). January will be a big month for Mullen and the football program as a whole. Loyalty can sink coaches, especially when the coach came from a lesser school.

Also, I've recently seen video of Texas Tech and Texas A&Ms locker rooms on TV and they are stunning. That should be embarrassing to our administration. I know A&M has big bags, but TTU?

Foley said, "We're not getting into an arms race." - And he meant it!!

Agree, our staff is full of mediocre recruiters...which will yield mediocre results (by 2008 UF standards). I'm looking for at least two additions to the staff this off-season. And if that doesn't happen, Mullen will be pushing his luck. Hard to make chicken salad out of.... (as the saying goes).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This.

I said it on some thread earlier (might have been this one)...saying we'll be a four-loss team every year if we don't get top-5 classes means we'll be losing to FSU, UGA, LSU, and either USCe/UT/UK or the west crossover...EVERY YEAR.

I don't buy that. I think BMF's scenario is much more likely, even with recruiting classes outside of the top-10 (though I believe we'll be in the top 10 classes in a year or two). I also think it's likely that we just might have the "right QB" either on the roster now (EJ) or coming soon (JJ or AR).

So I'll hope for 8 wins this year (unlikely), accept less as long as its accompanied by progress in S&C, three game phases, execution, discipline, and relentless effort (more realistic), and watch for changes in methods/staff regarding recruiting.

Go look at SEC teams recruiting rankings in recent years and tell me where the teams were the years just before they got 10-2 records. Its definitely no guarantee but you are really limited without it unless your schedule happens to be weak that year due to luck. I guess Missouri did it with a favorable schedule.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Go look at SEC teams recruiting rankings in recent years and tell me where the teams were the years just before they got 10-2 records. Its definitely no guarantee but you are really limited without it unless your schedule happens to be really weak that year due to luck.
Nope. Too lazy. Do it for me.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. Too lazy. Do it for me.

lol Just thinking off hand Missouri did it. SC did also but I think Spurrier had decent classes for them in the teens and maybe even in the top 10 a time or two prior to that. I guess its doable in the East compared to the West but still not easy. Georgia recruiting like they are will really complicate things starting next season because they will basically join OSU and Bama as being well in front of everyone else stocking talent which allows a lot more misses on blue chippers.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
There’s no reason we shouldn’t be top 7 every year with the recruiting base in Florida.
I 100% agree with you but it hasn't happened in like 4 years. I'm not saying Mullen can't get there, he just has to do it quickly or he'll be out of a job quick

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta make upgrades like you said (looking at you English).
Dude, English OWNS California. We are killing it out there.

Also, I've recently seen video of Texas Tech and Texas A&Ms locker rooms on TV and they are stunning. That should be embarrassing to our administration. I know A&M has big bags, but TTU?
We aren't getting in the arms race.

Well, we might. Maybe. Someday. In 4-7 years or so........ unless the buildings are behind schedule more than that. And if the baseball thing goes smoothly.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So what is the impetus to get a kid to commit to us (who haven't been championship-relevant in ten years) over Bama, UGA, tOSU, Clemson, LSU, Michigan, Texas, Auburn, Notre Dame, Oregon, or Penn State?
"We're FLORIDA!" doesn't cut it right now. We aren't entitled to a damn thing (thank you, Foley!).

We've got to show that we're competitive with those teams. We are 7-18 against teams in that group (collectively) over the past ten years. You're not gonna fix that image in a year or two.
Bama wasnt Bama before Saban, UF wasnt UF before Meyer, UGA wasnt UGA before Smart. They were all run of the mill programs before each coach got there. It's been stated before but you can either recruit or you can't. To say it's the program is an excuse. We didnt have facilities when Meyer took over but he pulled #1 classes. Heck Muschamp pulled in a top 3 class 4 years ago when we were terrible and broken already with no facilities. Player commit to a coach not the facilities or school. I'm not saying Mullen can't pull it off but it's possible to do.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bama wasnt Bama before Saban, UF wasnt UF before Meyer, UGA wasnt UGA before Smart. They were all run of the mill programs before each coach got there. It's been stated before but you can either recruit or you can't. To say it's the program is an excuse. We didnt have facilities when Meyer took over but he pulled #1 classes. Heck Muschamp pulled in a top 3 class 4 years ago when we were terrible and broken already with no facilities. Player commit to a coach not the facilities or school. I'm not saying Mullen can't pull it off but it's possible to do.

tumblr_mheriePsnQ1qcepzco1_250.gif

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I 100% agree with you but it hasn't happened in like 4 years. I'm not saying Mullen can't get there, he just has to do it quickly or he'll be out of a job quick
Let me get this straight... You agree that there's no reason that we don't annually have a top 7 class, then go on to say that we haven't done that in 4 years. You're kinda solving your own riddle.
It's been a long time since your stance rang true. So long, in fact, that it doesn't compute how fans could possibly still feel so entitled. We gotta put in some work before we see those results again. To those obsessing over recruiting rankings, my advice to you would be to focus on the team's improvement. For now, realistic is 15-10. However, I expect recruiting to substantially pick up between now and NSD. And to be really good for 2020.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Let me get this straight... You agree that there's no reason that we don't annually have a top 7 class, then go on to say that we haven't done that in 4 years. You're kinda solving your own riddle.
It's been a long time since your stance rang true. So long, in fact, that it doesn't compute how fans could possibly still feel so entitled. We gotta put in some work before we see those results again. To those obsessing over recruiting rankings, my advice to you would be to focus on the team's improvement. For now, realistic is 15-10. However, I expect recruiting to substantially pick up between now and NSD. And to be really good for 2020.
He haven't had a top 7 class because we've had terrible recruiters the last 4 years. I'm not saying right now that Mullen is terrible hes just behind right now. Who is saying were entitled? We had top 5 classes because of the coach not the school. Meyer did and so did Muschamp. Both were really good recruiters. Mac was a terrible recruiter. Hes the reason we didnt have top 7 classes not the school. A great recruiter would always pull top 7 at UF. I just hope in time Mullen can become that Mac was never going to do that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It may seem that way to you, but actually there was this guy called Bryant who kind of put Bama on the map and some would argue that this Spurrier fellow did much the same for the Gators.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It may seem that way to you, but actually there was this guy called Bryant who kind of put Bama on the map and some would argue that this Spurrier fellow did much the same for the Gators.
You know what I ment by my statement. Bama was an average team from for the most part from 95 to when Saban took over. I was not discrediting what SOS did at all, but when he left we fell off a little until Meyer came in. My point of the whole post was UF should always be in the top 7 if you've got a good recruiter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know that I've ever seen Renard and Nullkev going at it. I actually figured they were aliases of the same troll.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the area that leogator mentioned = CJ Spiller case. How did state of Florida recruiters pass on him?
... and on too many other bye-bye players?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
dear lord, dan needs to do everything in his power to get David to stay for his senior year.

getting the stud LB recruits to understudy with David will be key.

... his most directed recruiting should aim at keeping our excellent players. How common ids it for a coach to present the slippery-slope possibilities of forging into the NFL. It can't be all rosie ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.