Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, recruiters who are highly thought of are highly thought of because there school recruits well when they are there. The rating of recruiters has nothing to do with how friendly they are with high school coaches. College are not trying to recruit high school coaches, but rather top high school talent. Or as Thomas Sowell might say, outcomes matter not opinions.

So why doesn't Seider get hired to recruit the same HS's at every stop he's been at?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So why doesn't Seider get hired to recruit the same HS's at every stop he's been at?

That in fact refutes your point. If it were relationships to high school coaches that mattered so much, then recruiters would be assigned to the same high schools by every school that hires them. If he isn't you just checkmated yourself.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That in fact refutes your point. If it were relationships to high school coaches that mattered so much, then recruiters would be assigned to the same high schools by every school that hires them. If he isn't you just checkmated yourself.
Actually, he does recruit the same HS's. WV, UF, PSU he still recruits the Glades to the East. Thanks for proving you don't know s h i t. Checkmate my ass

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
While I can’t argue why you’re wrong, I can say as a senior military leader that relationships matter. EVERY relationship matters: HS coach, principal, mom, dad, brother, sister, cousin, teammate... don’t undervalue ANYONE when attempting to gain the trust of a kid you’re convincing to leave home to be part of your team.

In the very very very distant past of recruiting GatorBait Tabloid did not contact recruits but gathered information from high school coaches. That worked ok when they started doing it. Over time they found difference people were getting the juice in recruiting. It was sometimes a family member. It was sometimes a street friend. It was less and less often a high school coach.

So I am not arguing that relationships don't matter. They do, they are really important. But possibly sadly, to the detriment of the kids the relationship that matters now is less often their high school coach and more often someone else who might or might not have the kid's best interest at heart.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Actually, he does recruit the same HS's. WV, UF, PSU he still recruits the Glades to the East. Thanks for proving you don't know s h i t. Checkmate my ass

Well since you said,

So perhaps you were misinformed by YOU. (Emphasis added) I can understand why you SD acolyte feel it is important to be wrong as much as you can.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he does. And he has for a decade or so.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well since you said,

So perhaps you were misinformed by YOU. (Emphasis added) I can understand why you SD acolyte feel it is important to be wrong as much as you can.
So your big gotcha is that you didn't know where he even recruited. You're such a Null

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So your big gotcha is that you didn't know where he even recruited. You're such a Null

Look I know the pressure to be as consistently wrong as SD in recruiting is is particularly tough on you at this time of the year. You would think a guy with Thomas Sowell as his as his picture might be an independent thinker, but alas that seems beyound your grasp.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU’s class is about to implode big time. Rumors their QB will leave now that Bell is gone. Hunter and Fuller looking around, Dent looking around, Cross’ high school coach just hired at Maryland by Locksley and is visiting there now, Lucas is possibly flipping to UF. Ol Willlllllie is in trouble

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look I know the pressure to be as consistently wrong as SD in recruiting is is particularly tough on you at this time of the year. You would think a guy with Thomas Sowell as his as his picture might be an independent thinker, but alas that seems beyound your grasp.
So no facts or knowledge, just gibberish? Nice retort squirt

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
FSU’s class is about to implode big time. Rumors their QB will leave now that Bell is gone. Hunter and Fuller looking around, Dent looking around, Cross’ high school coach just hired at Maryland by Locksley and is visiting there now, Lucas is possibly flipping to UF. Ol Willlllllie is in trouble
Wrong thread. Your post is actually about recruiting.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Do we have a shot at Hunter or Fuller?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Wrong thread. This is actually about recruiting.

I keep looking for hot-off-the-interwebs info on the 2019 class but all I find is ....
tumblr_n7ujvxgySw1qf9djko5_400.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do we have a shot at Hunter or Fuller?

I think we lead for Hunter and sign him on Wed. Fuller is waiting it out and from what I’ve heard he likes UF but mom needs to get on board...I know this will come as a shock but mom did not like butters. Also a lot of rumors that Hunter and fuller do not like each other and unlikely to end up at the same school...which is odd seeing as they are both committed to the clown college and both looking hard at UF

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I keep looking for hot-off-the-interwebs info on the 2019 class but all I find is ....
tumblr_n7ujvxgySw1qf9djko5_400.gif

You’re just gonna have to wait til Wednesday...nobody is popping early. Except Thibodeaux who is not coming and maybe Hammond might pop for UF this weekend...other than that everyone is waiting

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we sent a pile of coaches to Lucas' mom at work today. She was impressed .

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think we lead for Hunter and sign him on Wed. Fuller is waiting it out and from what I’ve heard he likes UF but mom needs to get on board...I know this will come as a shock but mom did not like butters. Also a lot of rumors that Hunter and fuller do not like each other and unlikely to end up at the same school...which is odd seeing as they are both committed to the clown college and both looking hard at UF
Thanks.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So know facts or knowledge, just gibberish? Nice retort squirt

If you had any fact or knowledge then it would not be gibberish, but then you are the guy who claimed Seider was not usually assigned south Florida. But I know you have to do backflips being wrong to stay with the group think around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator