Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DxAVqmEW0AA7hw5.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I can't wait to watch Black truck people. He has the Brandon Spikes attitude (hopefully he plays like Spikes also) which is contagious on D. Let's keep our fingers crossed he qualifies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And it seems the new Rivals rankings also moved UF to 10 in 247sports composite rankings:

2019 Football Team Rankings

Hopefully we move up a spot or two (or 3) w/ the additions.

Take a look at Penn State's class. It's pretty impressive. "Only" ranked 11th, but they have 1 5-Star, 16 4-star's, and only 1 3-star. The only other team w/ just 1 3-star is Alabama. Their average is 92.11, which would put them 4th overall in average (Ohio State is ranked 12th w/ but 3rd in average at 92.22).

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I can't wait to watch Black truck people. He has the Brandon Spikes attitude (hopefully he plays like Spikes also) which is contagious on D. Let's keep our fingers crossed he qualifies.

Sources confirmed black is qualified and good to go

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Hopefully we move up a spot or two (or 3) w/ the additions.

Take a look at Penn State's class. It's pretty impressive. "Only" ranked 11th, but they have 1 5-Star, 16 4-star's, and only 1 3-star. The only other team w/ just 1 3-star is Alabama. Their average is 92.11, which would put them 4th overall in average (Ohio State is ranked 12th w/ but 3rd in average at 92.22).

With a finish of MAR Moore and Elam its a great class, but I was fiddling around and added Bogle too just to see and we finish easily at 3rd. About 6 points higher than AM who won’t be adding anyone. Obviously that’s a pipe dream but with those three, we are one more top 100 player away from having the runnaway 3rd best class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With a finish of MAR Moore and Elam its a great class, but I was fiddling around and added Bogle too just to see and we finish easily at 3rd. About 6 points higher than AM who won’t be adding anyone. Obviously that’s a pipe dream but with those three, we are one more top 100 player away from having the runnaway 3rd best class

What are your thoughts on Bogle? Didn’t see anything on film that screamed elite. Very light.

He would need to put on a significant amount of weight.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agree. As far as rankings, 7th is probably going to be the highest we can get...but adding Bogle would be interesting. We could very well add another surprise commit. But getting MAR, Elam, Henderson, Moore, and Black is a good NSD. Honestly, if we don't add a Safety or heavy DL, I'd rather us take the grad transfer OT (Reese) - depending on available spots.

I'm surprised we didn't see another transfer or two other than Green. I think we'll see several after spring practice ends.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I don't understand the recruiting of Bogle. We already have Diabate, Summerall and Greenard in this class. Greenard will bring immediate relief while Diabate and Summerall RS. We definitely don't need another WDE unless we are recruiting one of them to bulk up to an SDE.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I don't understand the recruiting of Bogle. We already have Diabate, Summerall and Greenard in this class. Greenard will bring immediate relief while Diabate and Summerall RS. We definitely don't need another WDE unless we are recruiting one of them to bulk up to an SDE.
Tell that to 'Bama.

1. You never know who's going to pan out. Especially on the D line. Having options and guys that you can rotate in is what championship level teams have.

2. Perception. Everyone's been bagging on our recruiting, of late. A 10 win season, a victory over Michigan in the Peach Bowl, a potential top 5 recruiting class and a probable Top 10 preseason ranking goes a long ways in sending the message that we're on the way to ascension.

You can't just turn away guys like that.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What are your thoughts on Bogle? Didn’t see anything on film that screamed elite. Very light.

He would need to put on a significant amount of weight.
I’m more impressed with Diabate than I am with Bogle for sure. But there’s no sure thing and who knows if Summerall ever becomes a factor. He could become a SDE but he needs to put on at least 40 lbs but that’s why we want Charles Moore. After this year we need edge rushers. I’m ok with taking talented kids this year. Also strong talk florida has really pulled even or taken the lead for Vilbert who is also a true SDE.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I’m more impressed with Diabate than I am with Bogle for sure. But there’s no sure thing and who knows if Summerall ever becomes a factor. He could become a SDE but he needs to put on at least 40 lbs but that’s why we want Charles Moore. After this year we need edge rushers. I’m ok with taking talented kids this year. Also strong talk florida has really pulled even or taken the lead for Vilbert who is also a true SDE.
I'd rather take Vilbert to tell you the truth.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Greenard has two years tops, so he is really just a stop gap. If you think Diabetes can play other LB positions, then Bogle gives you options in the future. You just never know how these guys are going to develop physically.

I’ll be happy when we have more flexibility in who we take instead of trying to play talent catch up.

I said it a while ago that I would be ecstatic with a top 10 class after the Cali flop. While I think we need to continue improving our recruiting, i’m very happy with where this class appears to be going. Like others, I’d rather have an extra heavy than Bogle

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The fact is we need to focus on DTs next cycle hopefully in the 240-275 range and hopefully we can get some inroads earlier than we did this cycle I’m excited about where we’re ending up to but we gotta play catch up and the lottery to get guys to commit hopefully we’ve figured out the formula before this next cycle because we’re gonna have to upgrade our entire dline next season

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Vilbert will be interesting to follow. His HS coach said he really like UF and Sal is doing a great job recruiting him. Penn State is the team to beat. They just sent 5 coaches to his school, plus it's closer to home. He's a crap shoot though having only played one season of HS football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah he just looks like such a project. Since we're processing people at this point to find room on the roster I just don't know that this is the type player you do that for.

Edit: he= Vilbert

Last edited:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Ha, I was doing the same thing yesterday on the 247 class calculator. I see we have the same hobby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator