Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Even if Mac would've somehow pulled off the #1 recruiting class it still wouldn't have done any good. The man was proven to be inept at developing players. I have no doubt Mullen could do better developing and getting the most out of any player than Mac could ever dream. Mac's idea of developing a player was teaching them the correct way to make a PB&J. For clarification, the correct way to make a PBJ is to put peanut butter on both piece of bread with the jelly in the middle, just saying.
You sayin' he didn't even get the PBJ's right?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Breaking News from the We Didn't Want Him Anyway (WDWHA) Department...

I just read on twitter (Auburn beat reporter Tom Green) that Charles Moore has enrolled at Jones County JUCO.

If he couldn't qualify at Auburn, there's no way in hell he was qualifying at Florida.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
RE: All the comparisons to Clemson

Don't forget they pull in 5 star QBs like Watson and Lawrence. They get gamechangers all the time. You have to look beyond the number.
That's reasonable, but we landed some very highly regarded players in this class and 15-17 "blue chippers" is nothing to sneeze at. But I do agree that next year's class does need to include some "super elite" types who can dominate a game. Actually, I don't think we are in any real disagreement about where we are or where we need to be recruiting-wise. I just don't think that labeling this class as "mediocre" does justice to the players comprising it. But that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are frequently compared with.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I just read on twitter (Auburn beat reporter Tom Green) that Charles Moore has enrolled at Jones County JUCO.

If he couldn't qualify at Auburn, there's no way in hell he was qualifying at Florida.
Guess that explains the rumor we didn't send him a LOI.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

In all my years of following recruiting, I've only seen one quality recruit choose academics over football. It was a good LB that committed to UF years ago, but went to Princeton instead. Every damn time they talk about the importance of academics, they choose the worst school on the list.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile at Chip Kelly land....

@slmandel: How rough was Signing Day for UCLA? One guy they were waiting on opted to walk-on at Washington instead. I mean, ouch.
I remember some posters calling this guy their dream coach.

Even if he wasn't Jim Mcbutterteeth level lazy as a recruiter h is flim-flam double-reverse offense has never worked versus SEC teams.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's reasonable, but we landed some very highly regarded players in this class and 15-17 "blue chippers" is nothing to sneeze at. But I do agree that next year's class does need to include some "super elite" types who can dominate a game. Actually, I don't think we are in any real disagreement about where we are or where we need to be recruiting-wise. I just don't think that labeling this class as "mediocre" does justice to the players comprising it. But that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are frequently compared with.

I didn't call this class mediocre(not saying you did either). There are a few boneheads on each side of the fence but as a whole I think most of us are happy.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I remember some posters calling this guy their dream coach.

Even if he wasn't Jim Mcbutterteeth level lazy as a recruiter h is flim-flam double-reverse offense has never worked versus SEC teams.

He knew damn well he couldn't cut the mustard in the sec and would have lasted 2 years tops.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
There are 5*s and then there are 5*. If your 5* is like Clayton and Ron Powell, no thanks. If your 5*s are like Tebow and Harvin (without the migraines and the ankle problems) then yes. What I am looking forward to is contributions from the 3*s like Dionte Marks, Trent Whittemore and Jamarkis Weston. How much will they contribute their first year and throughtout their career? Will they justify this staff's evaluation of them or did they deserve their lowly ranking?
I don't know much about the other guys, but just looking at Trent Whittemore and all of his about 140 lbs, I don't think Mullen wanted him (my opinion only). He was offered by Mac and held as tight as he could to that offer through the transition is my guess. The staff even pulled the old last minute position change (from safety to WR) and he still wouldn't budge. He is also a local kid & a Gator legacy from what I understand.

But that being said, if he was my son, I would have done the same thing. For a chance to attend UF, if one of my daughters was offered a scholly to UF for tennis or soccer, I would cling to it like my last breath through coaching changes or whatever and threaten to trash the coach in public if they pulled it. Family first.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Wow. Ok.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thank god we didn't hire Ox's dream coach, Chip Kelly. He just scored the 43rd best class in football. Really puts into perspective what a good hire Mullen has been.

UCLA 2019 Football Commits

Can UCLA succeed with Chip Kelly’s recruiting strategy? – Daily News
Mullen was the safe hire when Gator Nation was desperate for a splashy hire (Kelly or Frost). He’s won us doubters over (with a few exceptions) and I think almost all of us are now glad he’s here.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
We all want more and better prospects but this class (with more like it) can compete for championships. They have to have the inner desire to win. coaching, S&C and maybe most important development of a top flight, top 5 draft pick QB. Guess what?, we have just the coach to accomplish those lofty goals.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t think he ever plays P5. Just like Anfernee McGriff

Pffftt. McGriff's just getting a few things cleared up and he'll be good to go. I fully expect to see him this fall.

And the dynamic of he and Travon Van is going to be close to unstoppable.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So, did we ever offer Chip Kelly? I thought we did not.

Can you imagine handing him a shovel and throwing him in the hole Muschamp started and Mac dug deeper?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
So, did we ever offer Chip Kelly? I thought we did not.

Can you imagine handing him a shovel and throwing him in the hole Muschamp started and Mac dug deeper?
I think Frost was pretty risky also (likely football's Coach White), Mullen is smart and comes from one of the best coaching trees in all of college football.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Guess that explains the rumor we didn't send him a LOI.

Yeah, typically there's at least some delay between signing day and officially throwing in the towel on a kid. Not sure I've ever seen the announcement this quickly.

I'm guessing he showed up at the announcement in a newly inked "Awbern for live" tattoo, and they immediately realized the party was over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator