2019 Roster

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Silly talk.

If he stays he may actually win something. Join those champion Gators before him. Not just leave with all those others from this decade that never won a dman thing.

If he goes to the NFL he has almost no chance. And they don't have the same cameraderie anyway.
:rolleyes4:

I agree with you, he may have a chance to win something beyond an Outback Bowl, but these kids usually don’t think that way. They see the $$$$ and bolt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Silly talk.

If he stays he may actually win something. Join those champion Gators before him. Not just leave with all those others from this decade that never won a dman thing.

If he goes to the NFL he has almost no chance. And they don't have the same cameraderie anyway.
What kind of championship will we be winning next year? Lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of championship will we be winning next year? Lol
You never know if the kids come back and want to leave as champs. There has been alot of improvement in the last 8.75 games, even if the 4th quarter did NOT go the way we wanted last week.

There is a huge improvement in the first few games usually, during the bowl prep, and from year one to year two.

Think that game would have been different with Marco and CJ out there? UK if we played today?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You never know if the kids come back and want to leave as champs. There has been alot of improvement in the last 8.75 games, even if the 4th quarter did NOT go the way we wanted last week.

There is a huge improvement in the first few games usually, during the bowl prep, and from year one to year two.

Think that game would have been different with Marco and CJ out there? UK if we played today?

Pumper.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

PUMP IT, BABY!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Raise your hand if you thought we’d win the national title after the 05 season watching the offense sputter.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Raise your hand if you thought we’d win the national title after the 05 season watching the offense sputter.
See your point, and next year will be better, but that defense was elite

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A lot of talk moving forward will be about next year. So why not look at the roster and see how we sit. Class will be as of 2019.

Overall, Mullen is having to rebuild the talent on this roster. We need consistent Top 10 classes just so we can start processing guys out. Top 7 classes should be required for next year and beyond. Probably just too late this year unless we can pull Sanders, Thibodeaux and Steele.

Great summary.

O-line is the biggest issue and as it goes the O goes, so Mullen should be beating the bushes for a grad transfer in my opinion. There will be a lot of potential and athleticism but lack of experience will show, especially in the first 3rd of the season or so.

I think both Scarlett and Perine have NFL talent and are gone. RB could be a problem especially with the loses at O-line. Davis might be the best option to make something out of limited holes if he can get and stay healthy, at least early while the line is building cohesiveness and identity.

This looks to be one of the weakest WR classes in a long time for the 2019 draft, and we probably have a lot of receivers who think (and are probably right) they have NFL talent, so I could see several leave banking on impressing at the combine, even if it is a bad decision. Hard to evaluate this group until we know who will be on the roster.

Did you leave out Wilson in the DB group? Looks like a solid group but Gardner's decision might be the difference between good and great.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great summary.

O-line is the biggest issue and as it goes the O goes, so Mullen should be beating the bushes for a grad transfer in my opinion. There will be a lot of potential and athleticism but lack of experience will show, especially in the first 3rd of the season or so.

I think both Scarlett and Perine have NFL talent and are gone. RB could be a problem especially with the loses at O-line. Davis might be the best option to make something out of limited holes if he can get and stay healthy, at least early while the line is building cohesiveness and identity.

This looks to be one of the weakest WR classes in a long time for the 2019 draft, and we probably have a lot of receivers who think (and are probably right) they have NFL talent, so I could see several leave banking on impressing at the combine, even if it is a bad decision. Hard to evaluate this group until we know who will be on the roster.

Did you leave out Wilson in the DB group? Looks like a solid group but Gardner's decision might be the difference between good and great.
Added Wilson, not sure how I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
hell I didn't think we were going to win a championship in 06 watching the offense sputter.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Toney makes so many outrageous cuts at the worst possible times. Idk how many first downs he juked his way out of gaining.
Can't he be just like "Percy Harvey" and move up the field. Thinking back, Harvin was a 10 star.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
hell I didn't think we were going to win a championship in 06 watching the offense sputter.
You have blown me over with a feather to think that Leak would win a championship game. Our D was super good and Leak saved his one good game for last.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have blown me over with a feather to think that Leak would win a championship game. Our D was super good and Leak saved his one good game for last.
He had the potential for lots of good games if we had let him throw the ball down field in 05 and the rest of 06.

He was a really, really good and probably elite college QB. He just wasnt an option QB. Imagine if he had SOS for four years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In ways Leak the QB reminded me of Wuerffel. He threw to a spot before WRs made their cut. His anticipation & timing were probably as good as any college QB.

Leak had to have many good games, since he set SEC freshman passing records. As Gator freshman he beat the eventual national champ LSU. As soph he set record with 6 TDs against USCe. As 2005 Jr.QB Leak took on his 3rd O scheme, 3rd O Coordinator.
In 2006 Sr. Leak, with UF rated as toughest schedule in the nation, led Florida to SEC championship and to the NC as the MVP.

Too bad he turned pervert with a H.S. girl, as a married man with 2 daughters.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive heard the term nickel used for years to describe the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5.
I wondered where you were going with this. I agree that we keep the "star" on the slot and that he plays a different role than the strong safety who is usually up top but that strikes me as an assignment rather than a different defense. It is a bit like saying a 4-3 defense that runs a field and boundary corner is different than a 4-3 that just uses left and right corner.

Or that a 4-3 that uses an Adam and Buck end is different than one that just uses a left and right end.

I mean, after all, a 4-2-5 doesnt say what the 5 play. It doesnt differentiate between a 4-2-2-3 and a 4-2-3-2.

There are a alot of 4-2-5 defenses out there that are not Baylors.

forget this rabbit trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator