Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Took some reasonably decent data today and calculated that apporx 14%, (+/ - God knows what) of Florida has had it or are active carriers. Not a great surprise that the younger UF population has a higher rate. Is that positives or does it include actively positive. Active positives only, tested at random would be a huge monumental surprise.

So meh

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good, we need to get to at least 40%.

The bad news is that many of these tests are only measuring coronavirus antibodies and also test positive for anyone who's had the common cold.

40%? LMAO

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Not a great surprise that the younger UF population has a higher rate. Is that positives or does it include actively positive.
Many of those "positives" are common flu type coronavirus....

And everyone in healthcare knows it. CDC even prints that, but no one on TV ever mentions tue asterisk.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Many of those "positives" are common flu type coronavirus....

And everyone in healthcare knows it. CDC even prints that, but no one on TV ever mentions tue asterisk.

You're right. Depends on the test. Depends on a lot of things. Reporters who know nothing about what they're reporting on have me on my last nerve.So essentially this tweet or whatever it was means just about nothing. Par for the course. Truth is of all the "data" out there, about 10% of it means something. The rest is nonsense.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
It's ironic to me that this attitude of, "it's no big deal," is exactly what has made it a big deal. Europeans took it seriously and already have their sports back.... and are closing off their borders to Americans (more Irony).

If we don't get football, it's mostly due to the people too proud to wear a mask for 15 minutes in a store. Those people are gonna be the ones crying the loudest if we don't get football (more irony).
What a load of crap.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Nailed it

The NFL has already stated that they won’t delay the draft so most schools will have about 60 players available.

Like it or not there is only one decision here.

Play the season this fall or watch the complete destruction of college athletics over the next 2-3 years. It will start with 40+ schools declaring the public school version of “bankruptcy “ while the others cut schollies and sports in an effort to survive.

The strong programs will survive but things will never be the same in many ways to include the hundreds of thousands of kids that will no longer have access to free education
Well there goes the new football facility

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're right. Depends on the test. Depends on a lot of things. Reporters who know nothing about what they're reporting on have me on my last nerve.So essentially this tweet or whatever it was means just about nothing. Par for the course. Truth is of all the "data" out there, about 10% of it means something. The rest is nonsense.

I agreed with Donkey. I'm taking a self imposed vacation. :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well there goes the new football facility
Wait.... you believed that was coming soon?

:lmao2:

next it's we can't afford it because we had to fire another shttty coach because he is O-fer Ugly.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
On a smaller scale, Hampton cancelled all their fall sports today, first member of the Big South, the conference where my alma mater plays sports, to do so.

GW is already taking a $250K+ hit by not getting the check from playing at Georgia Tech, which is huge for our small budget, but it's just a matter of time before they, along with the conference, shut it down. GW had two athletes test positive for COVID in the past few days as well, a bad trend on a campus that is empty right now. I drove over there the other day, I've seen it empty on holidays, but it was worse than that, a ghost town. Very sad.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Dade and Broward counties look like virtual fall academics. Can't see them allowing fall athletics/football. That would effect a bunch of our recruits

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is from the state of Georgia:

-A positive move today for high school football in Georgia. Helmets will go on next week and that is big step toward a season. Scrimmage games around the state are set to start three weeks from Friday. If they give teams shoulder pads on the 27th, I believe that high school is playing in this state..

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
This is from the state of Georgia:

-A positive move today for high school football in Georgia. Helmets will go on next week and that is big step toward a season. Scrimmage games around the state are set to start three weeks from Friday. If they give teams shoulder pads on the 27th, I believe that high school is playing in this state..

My 8 year old son is on traveling team here in jawja, the league his team is in follows the GHSA guide lines (just like HS ball). They've been practicing for 3 or 4 weeks and the past Monday were allowed to start wearing helmets. This up coming Monday will be allowed to go to full pads. They keep telling us there's going to be a season but the first game of the season which was scheduled Aug 14 has already been cancelled. I believe that has more to do with the location (Albany where there was a major outbreak) of the first game then the current outlook of the covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.